$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend had this ability last game. In his hand he had a card that had a cost of just 1 gold coin and no other goods. We were wondering if he could pay a coin and a good of his choice to play this card from his hand.

When reading the card ability I was under the impression that the EXTRA good you choose to pay must be listed on the card as part of the cost (gold doesn't count as a good). Therefore my interpretation would say NO he cannot play this one using the ability because there are no goods in the cost. There's only one coin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say either, you do not have to pay anything extra since one extra of nothing, is nothing.... OR ... you pay one good of your choice.

I would not say that you do not have the option of playing the card without using the Noble simply because it has no goods. But that's how I would do it. Will be interesting to see what the designer says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's how we ruled it and I would assume that's correct. I was trying to remember if this is the way it worked on boardgamearena.com whenever I've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey

thanks for playing Targi. The power of that tribe card got a little scrambled in the translation. The German original version says: play a good of Your choice . So whaterver good You like. Therefore in that case You play a good of Your choice and are allowed to play that card.

Greetings
Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately sometimes rules don't translate very well I had a feeling my friend was allowed to pay any good he wanted to.

My friend played for the first time and he liked the game very much. He felt it was a very clever design having to create intersection points so you could take cards from the central area. We felt the game is almost like Chess...or maybe we are just really bad at it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
STOCKBROT wrote:
Hey

thanks for playing Targi. The power of that tribe card got a little scrambled in the translation. The German original version says: play a good of Your choice . So whaterver good You like. Therefore in that case You play a good of Your choice and are allowed to play that card.

Greetings
Andy

We also had this question. The other thing that wasn't clear is, can you use this card multiple times over the course of those game after you have played it? We presumed that it was a permanent effect and could be used more than once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ailinoro wrote:
STOCKBROT wrote:
Hey

Greetings
Andy

We also had this question. The other thing that wasn't clear is, can you use this card multiple times over the course of those game after you have played it? We presumed that it was a permanent effect and could be used more than once.

Yes you can use it multiple times. That's how it's implemented on Yucata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ailinoro wrote:
STOCKBROT wrote:
Hey

Greetings
Andy

Yes it is a permanent ability!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.