Targi» Forums » Rules

Subject: timing question - card ability that provides you a good rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One card I had last game stated that on my turn where I don't receive any goods from goods cards, I can take a good of my choice. On my turn both of my pawns were placed on Tribe cards. I was hoping to take advantage of my card ability to get a good of my choice before choosing to buy a tribe card.

WIth this card ability do you have to wait until you resolved all of your actions on your turn before you receive that good, or was it ok for me to play it the way I mentioned above?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the online implementation at Yucata, you do not get your good for these kinds of effects until the end of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling that this is the correct way to play although I couldn't find it in the rules earlier. The thing is, I knew ahead of time I wasn't going to get a good from a goods card because of the way my placement turned out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to search these threads, as I vaguely remember this being answered before.

I believe the final answer was if you know *for sure* you are not going to receive goods, you can take them during your turn...but only if you are 100% sure you will not be receiving any goods as part of your placement.

Again, I'm not 100% positive on that...but pretty sure that's how it was ruled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie17 wrote:
You might want to search these threads, as I vaguely remember this being answered before.

I believe the final answer was if you know *for sure* you are not going to receive goods, you can take them during your turn...but only if you are 100% sure you will not be receiving any goods as part of your placement.

Again, I'm not 100% positive on that...but pretty sure that's how it was ruled.

Found the designer's answer here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/13922051#13922051

EDIT: Corrected the link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok that's perfect. So in my situation earlier my pawn placement did not provide a good and there was no other way for me to get one so it was legal for me to take this good using my ability during my turn and not have to wait till the end.

I wonder why the online version makes you wait till the end of your turn. Maybe when designing the program it was just easier to have it awarded at the end of your turn, rather than let you determine if you could get another good or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.