Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Master Turtler
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone experienced a situation where the app spawns too many Riots in Innsmouth?

It froze momentarily, we rebooted it, and now it's on its fourth Riot.

Is there something in the rules about spawning above the miniature limit? Or is this a fresh new bug that's appeared in the latest ios patch?

Pretty annoying. We'd nearly cracked the case after 3 hours of play. We just gave up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Played this scenario over the weekend and did not experience this. The app was not spawning new riots, it would say "a hybrid breaks away from the mob/riot". We killed the hybrids as they spawned. If I remember we did not have much reprieve before another hybrid would break from the mob (during the mythos phase) after we killed the previous one. We never had more than 1 riot/mob the whole game. Our Riot even wandered off the map a couple of times, but quickly returned during the next mythos phase.

Sorry to hear your game bugged out. We had all the evidence required and we're trying to escape when the app bugged out during the mythos phase. We were also about 3hrs in.

Put in spoiler tags JIC someone accidentally clicks on the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Master Turtler
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Played this scenario over the weekend and did not experience this. The app was not spawning new riots, it would say "a hybrid breaks away from the mob/riot". We killed the hybrids as they spawned. If I remember we did not have much reprieve before another hybrid would break from the mob (during the mythos phase) after we killed the previous one. We never had more than 1 riot/mob the whole game. Our Riot even wandered off the map a couple of times, but quickly returned during the next mythos phase.

Sorry to hear your game bugged out. We had all the evidence required and we're trying to escape when the app bugged out during the mythos phase. We were also about 3hrs in.

Put in spoiler tags JIC someone accidentally clicks on the thread.

I was hoping the latest patch would have fixed this. It feels like it might have made things worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Master Turtler
mbmbmbmbmb
Too many riots spoil the broth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
We had a similar problem yesterday and then the app eventually froze. One of the insane players was able to demonstrate his win condition had the next Mythos phase occurred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules D
United Kingdom
Annan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this scenario for the first time yesterday and it spawned too many of a different monster. I hope they fix this or change it to 'if max of one creature is on board then different monster appears'. Dunno but I hope it's fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I tried the scenario some days ago it spawned the same Riot twice and later totally froze/crashed.

When you damaged one of the Riots the other one got damaged, too.

So I will actually wait for an app fix until I try the scenario again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
I hope u guys(&/or gals) submitted a bug report to ffg. It seems like the riots are the source or trigger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Master Turtler
mbmbmbmbmb
actmoon wrote:
I hope u guys(&/or gals) submitted a bug report to ffg. It seems like the riots are the source or trigger

Good idea. Done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.