$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gaining control when resolving a trog token with no trog units left rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 4 player game, if the trog player is out of units and you move into a space with a war party token and you only move in one unit, do you gain control?

Basically it's a timing issue. You lose a unit when you move into a space with a war party token and there are no trog units left in the reserve. So if you only move in one unit, do you gain control of that space even though the one unit dies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
trilamb wrote:
In a 4 player game, if the trog player is out of units and you move into a space with a war party token and you only move in one unit, do you gain control?

Basically it's a timing issue. You lose a unit when you move into a space with a war party token and there are no trog units left in the reserve. So if you only move in one unit, so you gain control of that space even though the one unit dies?

I will confirm with Portal, but:

1. Move in with 1 Unit
2. Trog Token Resolves
3. There is no Trog. 1 Unit dies.
4. You do not gain control.

Effectively, if you know you will lose 1, you must move in with at least 2.

I will confirm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Derr
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Get off my Avatar NERD!
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:

I will confirm with Portal, but:

1. Move in with 1 Unit
2. Trog Token Resolves
3. There is no Trog. 1 Unit dies.
4. You do not gain control.

Effectively, if you know you will lose 1, you must move in with at least 2.

I will confirm.

I did a play through at Gencon with Portal and this happened to us. The guy running the game had us play the way Grant describes above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.