Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this expansion really require a higher player count than the 2 required by the base game? If this is intentional, are there any components that could be used in a 2 player game, or do we just have to pass on this one and hope for better with the next expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
When it comes right down to it, I suppose you could play this with just two, with some minor grokking of the rules; but a) it would be dreadfully boring, and b) I think the Marshal would win every game. The new character, Mei, can easily be added to a regular two-player game of Colt Express, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello,

Andrew is right.
The game with the expansion Marshal & Prisoners is not made for 2 players only. You need at least 2 Bandits + the Marshal. If not, it is not balanced at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nuts! Thanks for the confirmation. At least there's another expansion on the horizon to wait for since we'll have to pass on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thorphin wrote:
Nuts! Thanks for the confirmation. At least there's another expansion on the horizon to wait for since we'll have to pass on this one.

I find that it's still a blast to play with two people. My wife and I play it all of the time. She controls 2-3 (sometimes all) of the bandits or vice versa.

We have a lot of laughs playing this. Plus Having an extra bandit (Mei) is nice as well. And allowing for the base game to be played with 7 players now is also very awesome.

I'm speaking as someone who's never just played the two player variant. We've always used every bandit. It makes for a lot more chaos and fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
thorphin wrote:

I find that it's still a blast to play with two people. My wife and I play it all of the time. She controls 2-3 (sometimes all) of the bandits or vice versa.

We have a lot of laughs playing this. Plus Having an extra bandit (Mei) is nice as well. And allowing for the base game to be played with 7 players now is also very awesome.

I'm speaking as someone who's never just played the two player variant. We've always used every bandit. It makes for a lot more chaos and fun.

Interesting. Thanks for the report!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.