Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played first demo (solo) game of Heroes of Normandie. (Thanks a lot AAC Dave for turning me onto this via the podcast.)
It was enjoyable. Lots of little things to think about. I know I screwed up defense and shooting and assault once.
With the cards and a live opponent, this could be a fun tense game.
I've avoided it because of the cartoony nature because it seemed irreverant. But as I thought about it and what it's purposefully trying to recreate, I got on board. Even ASL is like a movie, just without being blatant about the graphics. ASL is Saving Private Ryan and A Bridge Too Far. HoN is Where Eagles Dare, Kelly's Heroes, and Inglorious Bastards (and oh yeah, Sgt Rock and The Haunted Tank.) Does the Haunted Tank show up in this or Shadows Over Normandie?

German Victory. The Germans successfully get briefcase and take it back to base. However, leadership believes this is a rouse by the allies and don't believe a word of what it says.

Screen shots came off of Vassal a tad blurry, I've not seen that before.

Setup

Beginning of Turn 2

Beginning of Turn 3

End of Turn 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are going to like it a lot more when you start building your own forces and deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gaddie
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How well does it play solo? Been sitting on the fence about this one, only thing holding me back is that I'm not sure about the solo play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't tell you until I've played a few more real scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nonoyo Bidniss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LegioXIX wrote:
How well does it play solo? Been sitting on the fence about this one, only thing holding me back is that I'm not sure about the solo play.

I've played two or three scenarios several times solo. No special rules apart from placing the activation markers blindly - just play both sides as best I can. It's a grand game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Placing the order tokens blindly - that's an interesting idea for solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
I played it (in a fairly large home-grown scenario)that odd number blocks were placed blindly (without seeing the numbers I mean) and the even numbers were placed with due care. That worked well. I prefer my version of the game to the official one. it's largely the same but with some minor house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geno Morabito
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Living and Loving the Geek Life!
mbmbmbmbmb
What podcast are you referring to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.