Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the base game on sale at Walmart today for $5, so I ended up getting a second copy, and I had the idea to mix both sets, but only play with the yellow and red dice, then use the green dice for a sort of life system (Basically just even distribution of the 12 across the players) and you lose a life any time you die a round instead of stopping and scoring. Looking for any ideas to maybe flesh it out more if anyone has any. (And general note, I also have both expansions, so work those in if you want)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack elfrink
United States
McKees Rocks
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A concern is that once down to a single die, nobody would ever push their luck. The game would slow to a crawl at that point and grad on for hours and hours.

As long as we are brainstorming, an idea I had for some time now but have never had the chance to playtest is putting a pile of tokens in the middle of the table (or in your case, green die) and whenever you score points you take from the middle. Once the die run out game is over. But truth be told I dont think my idea would be that good either. It would require an obscenely huge number of tokens. Much more than just the number of green die you have on hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hackard
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jackelfrink wrote:
A concern is that once down to a single die, nobody would ever push their luck. The game would slow to a crawl at that point and grad on for hours and hours.

One way around this is to change how feet work: if you roll feet, you MUST reroll. You can only choose to stop if you have fewer than two shotguns and no feet showing.

That would DEFINITELY be hard mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Hackard wrote:
jackelfrink wrote:

One way around this is to change how feet work: if you roll feet, you MUST reroll. You can only choose to stop if you have fewer than two shotguns and no feet showing.

That would DEFINITELY be hard mode.

That could work actually! My group though has a history of throwing 3 shotguns at a time, so knowing us, we'd not have a hard time moving the game along XD we also are just suckers for abuse and try to get all 13 points in one go, usually resulting in one of us being run over by the bus.

I was also thinking of a Cosmic Wimpout sort of rule, where you have to take a certain number of rolls or get a certain number of points to be able to stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be okay with a rule that forces you to pursue runners, but only if you have the option to draw back to 3 dice, or just run them down. I would rather be given the choice, but a reasonable compromise between the two would be that: After rolling 3 dice you can reroll runners, then if there are still one or more runners, you have to pull back to 3 dice to continue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackelfrink wrote:

As long as we are brainstorming, an idea I had for some time now but have never had the chance to playtest is putting a pile of tokens in the middle of the table (or in your case, green die) and whenever you score points you take from the middle. Once the die run out game is over. But truth be told I dont think my idea would be that good either. It would require an obscenely huge number of tokens. Much more than just the number of green die you have on hand.

I actually just thought about this idea, and I was already planning on getting a bunch of those plastic brain counters I've seen on various sites to use for scoring, so that might be another use for them. TWO VARIANTS IN ONE THREAD! I'm.....sure it's happened a million times, BUT IT'S THE FIRST FOR MY THREAD, DARNIT! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.