Popular Tags: [View All]
Abraham Quicksilver
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucester
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So after GMT/Playdek got a bit stuck with Apple's app system, me and many, many others have been promised refunds.

But we're weeks after that announcement and no refund has appeared.

No communications from either GMT or Playdek.

Does anybody have any idea what is happening??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthonii
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
4.6 Five Mississippi
mb
I am playing it on my Macbook and iPad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aqsgames wrote:
So after GMT/Playdek got a bit stuck with Apple's app system, me and many, many others have been promised refunds.

Oh, I remember communication from Playdek stating that they'd be finished with the refund distribution either five, four, or three weeks ago. zombie
And their support doesn't answer to emails.

At least it's good to know that I'm not alone in this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Patek
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dasher47051 wrote:

Is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kajo wrote:
dasher47051 wrote:

Is it?

Yep, kind of comforting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what is more entertaining, the fall out from the Twilight Struggle Kickstarter or the fall out from the Up Front Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but what does this mean for Twilight Struggle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed them to request my refund on 10 July, received no acknowledgement, emailed them again on 27 July to complain, received no acknowledgement and finally received an email from PayPal informing me of the refund on 10 August.

If you haven't got your money yet, complaining to them can't hurt.

The very minor positive is that since the pound went in the toilet following the EU referendum, the money I received is worth more than I originally paid, possibly even enough to account for the time value of that money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rosie_187 wrote:
I emailed them to request my refund on 10 July, received no acknowledgement, emailed them again on 27 July to complain, received no acknowledgement and finally received an email from PayPal informing me of the refund on 10 August.

The very minor positive is that since the pound went in the toilet following the EU referendum, the money I received is worth more than I originally paid, possibly even enough to account for the time value of that money.

Ah yes, the time-value of ten dollars is pretty tough to make up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aqsgames wrote:

Communication from Playdeck has been p*** poor through it all, but in this particular case, you are wrong when you say they have been none from Playdeck.

Quote:
Also, refunds/rebates are being processed daily via PayPal and we will let you know when the entire process has been completed which should be no later than the end of next week.

"End of next week" would have been August 6, but it's no surprise that it's taking longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rosie_187 wrote:

So they're actually progressing? Incredible.
Emailing them didn't change anything for me yet though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Canela
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Why refunds? The app is good so far... Anythinh I should know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They failed to provide download codes to an undisclosed number of KS backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lcanela wrote:

Due to Apple policy, they couldn't supply codes for more than 200ish iOS backers. So they are refunding those that didn't received one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Games I want to play on VASSAL: ASL, ASLSK, GMT CDG's I own
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to lay some of the blame on the blood-sucking capitalists who are really to blame. I don't know if it's Apple, or if it's some international distributor of Apple products, but someone is making it hard to send gift codes, and I'm guessing it's because they're not able to suck out their usual share for doing nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinwolf wrote:
lcanela wrote:

Due to Apple policy, they couldn't supply codes for more than 200ish iOS backers. So they are refunding those that didn't received one.

Ah, so it is Apple which are the blood-sucking capitalists. What a surprise. I guess they don't accept not being able to suck out their usual 30% for doing nothing (except making the products we have already paid for).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... so I can bear with you, please!
badge
Playing is the most serious thing there is.
mbmbmbmbmb

Blame is diffuse and largely subjective. Accountability and liability are clearly defined and traceable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also traceable that they first announced that refund a month ago. They haven't completed the operation yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marky Mark
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you emailed Playdek to request the refund to a different email account than your kickstarter/Playdek online email addresses, check those. I asked them (as per their instructions) to send the refund to my main personal account, not the email I used for the kickstarter or to register with Playdek. After wondering when the refund was going to show up for a long time, I finally noticed it in the other account.

I notified them, but haven't heard back yet. So now the question is when (if?) they'll get around to sending it to the correct address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dasher47051 wrote:
It's also traceable that they first announced that refund a month ago. They haven't completed the operation yet.

And here you can blame Paypal that freeze your money every time you want to do something like this. Let's try not to give only half the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinwolf wrote:
dasher47051 wrote:

And here you can blame Paypal that freeze your money every time you want to do something like this. Let's try not to give only half the information.

I'm not giving information I don't have. Playdek stated in their mail in which they stated they'd refund, that paypal needed to clear some funds. You are the first to blame paypal...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dasher47051 wrote:
Kinwolf wrote:
dasher47051 wrote:

I'm not giving information I don't have. Playdek stated in their mail in which they stated they'd refund, that paypal needed to clear some funds. You are the first to blame paypal...

"Clear some funds" = Frozen funds. See, you had the information all along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinwolf wrote:
dasher47051 wrote:
Kinwolf wrote:
dasher47051 wrote:

"Clear some funds" = Frozen funds. See, you had the information all along.

That's not an Information - that's something they mentioned in passing five weeks ago and didn't mention again. And it made it sound as if they were not able to begin with the process. Their subsequent mails made it Sound as if they were _this_ close to completion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So something they write in an update is not information? Oookkkk, moving on. You painted yourself in the corner there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me rephrase my point.

So they post an update more than five weeks ago. They state 'we'll have the refunds out in no time, once paypal is sorted and we expect that to happen once the weekend (five weeks ago) is over'.

In the meantime they released two additional updates stating 'we're processing refunds and will update again once they're all through' without mentioning the need to sort out that paypal issue.

Now imagine two guys sitting in the playdek offices, discussing what will go into an update.
One guy asks 'We've got this issue with being blocked by paypal. We've stated that we expected this to be cleared weeks ago, and now it's still preventing us from fulfilling our promises. And it's not even our fault. we can blame somebody else. Shall we mention that again, making everybody aware that there's an issue beyond our sphere of influence and which everybody is considering to be solved already?'
And the other guy goes 'Nah, whatever...'

Yeah, sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.