Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have taken advantage of a few of these and thought i would check to see if there were others interested in joining for a group pledge and send on to divide up the initial high cost of postage ($29).

Depending on interest this would make it worthwhile to offset the cost enough as it would be evenly split the initial postage and then the lower cost to forward it on within the UK whichever method suits. (I am based out of Glasgow, Scotland but should not impact and its EU friendly)

*** Overall details (shamelessly nabbed from the last Hostage Negotiator group buy i was part of) ***

With the unfortunate fall in the value of the £, it has become quite expensive to pledge for some US based Kickstarters, so I thought I would try and save us some money by setting up a UK Group Buy for the Fate of the Elder Gods game (can manage either of the basic pledges)

So, now the maths...

A single Cultist level pledge will cost $59 + $29 ($88), which, with the reduced exchange rate, works out at £68...A bit pricey!

However,

one - $59 + $29 - $88
two - $59 + $15 - *$74
three- $59 + $10 - *$69
four - $59 + $8 - *$67
five - $59 + $6 - *$65
six - $59 + $5 - *$64 (£50)

* On top of this, there will obviously be the onward UK shipping, which I am estimating at about £5-£6 per copy, so all in all if we get up to 6, it will work out at between £55-56 per copy, fully delivered to your door...

The game is fully EU friendly, so there won't be any import fees or duty, and so this is probably the best (cheapest) way to get a copy with the stretch goals...so long as the £/$ rate remains so low...

My intention will be to pledge if we get up to the 3 copies, and pay that once the KS finishes, and then (assuming we get 6+ backers) invoice each of you for the $64 (£50), by PayPal Gift or BT, but not charge the UK shipping element until the games actually arrive early next year...

As it stands, this level of discount really only works positiviely with at least 3 backers..

If anyone has any questions, then please feel free to contact me...I am more than happy to discuss any aspect of this...

So, I will start the ball rolling by putting the my name in slot 1 in the Group Buy list...

1. shadowruin - paid - post on still to arrange
2. Dastardly Muttley - paid - post on still to arrange
3. The Waspman - paid - post on still to arrange
4. confusedvicky - paid - post on still to arrange
5. goatboy666 - paid - post on still to arrange
6. _EvilAsh_ - paid - post on still to arrange
7. (HLW10) added copy 7 on Pledge manger - (Backerkit still to take cash)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaz
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Douglas

I will take you up on your offer with the group pledge. I've already backed the game at "cultist" level so if we get enough group pledges I'll cancel my individual pledge and go with your group pledge.

FYI I'm based in Ayrshire.

Thanks for your time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be willing to get in on some of this action. I mean, even if it's just the three of us it'd be worth it right?

I live in the North East of England, just so you know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, even three of us make it manageable and cuts a chunk off the totals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Goode
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also pledged at cultist level and will cancel that once you add my name to your list
I'm in Bristol.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Added - and then there were 4!

I have upped my pledge to include the four pledges of cultists - hopefully we keep hitting more stretch goals!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looking good! As long as getting six cultists doesn't result in a ritual sacrifice. I know what its like when cultists get together...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hollister
United Kingdom
Teddington
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please add me to the list, thanks.

I am based in London.

I had been put off initially pledging by the cost.

Was very happy to see the UK group pledge.

Thanks again Douglas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Hambrook
United Kingdom
Horwich
flag msg tools
Hey there fellow cultists so happy to see the UK group pledge. Please if you can add me to that final 6th slot I will help you all bring an end to humanity.

Based in Horwich near Bolton.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If we could at least postpone the ending of humanity until next May, then I'm all on board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
_EvilAsh_ wrote:
Hey there fellow cultists so happy to see the UK group pledge. Please if you can add me to that final 6th slot I will help you all bring an end to humanity.

Based in Horwich near Bolton.

Thanks.

And then we were 6!

Sounds like a great combination - will add you to the list and sort the pledge to match the numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The Waspman wrote:
If we could at least postpone the ending of humanity until next May, then I'm all on board.

I think the larger the numbers - bigger in fighting means its less likely!

I think cults follow the ninja logic of inverse numbers. the more there are the less risk they are...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shadowruin wrote:

I think cults follow the ninja logic of inverse numbers. the more there are the less risk they are...

Now, ninja cultists who follow Cthulhu, that'd be something... something terrifying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The Waspman wrote:
shadowruin wrote:

Now, ninja cultists who follow Cthulhu, that'd be something... something terrifying...

They always have been - just you never notice them! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Goode
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! All the stretch goals achieved!
I'm assuming we get one free Beasts From Beyond expansion per base game, not one per Kickstarter backer, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen W
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully I'm not too late! - I'd like to take part in this too. I live near MK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Hambrook
United Kingdom
Horwich
flag msg tools
I think we should be good. There was a lot of feedback on their shipping costs and suggestions for group pledges. So I don't think they dare short change people.

Tentacles crossed.

I pledged a dollar to receive the updates to keep an eye on the project. So will keep you updated if anything comes up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Hambrook
United Kingdom
Horwich
flag msg tools
HLW10 wrote:
Hopefully I'm not too late! - I'd like to take part in this too. I live near MK.

Tentacles crossed Douglas caught your post before things ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
_EvilAsh_ wrote:
HLW10 wrote:

Tentacles crossed Douglas caught your post before things ended.

Did not catch it but all the noise sounds like it should be addable with the pledge manager - if its all good i will make sure and then can organise it as soon as the pledge manager becomes available. Am going to double check it with GtG though and confirm as we are definitely above the $59 mark.

"3) Pledge Manager. Many have asked if backers will be able to pledge late for the game and get all the goodies after the fact through pledge manager (BackerKit). This late “pre-order” system was implemented on Kickstarter to allow those who could not afford to back at the time a chance to get in later, or those that discovered the project late to get in on the action. We definitely support those things, but it has also created an unfortunate atmosphere on Kickstarter that can hurt a campaign while it is live. Because of the nature of this product (and its expense to manufacture because of the minis), backers who have pledged below the CULTIST ($59 level) will be able to increase their pledge for the base game in BackerKit and receive the Kickstarter promotionals (Azathoth, the Cult cards, Ghoul). However, the Beasts From Beyond expansion will not be free and will require an additional payment. Those who pledged at the CULTIST level and above during the live campaign will still receive the expansion for free. In other words, back now if you want the best value."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen W
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds promising!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You may well need to confirm with GtG about that, but I seem to recall somewhere in the comments asking about this very issue. If they already pledged for at least one copy of the game, then would they be able to add another copy and get all the unlocked stretch goals.

I seem to recall GtG confirming this, but don't remember if they were talking solely about while the campaign was still active, or whether this was available in the pledge manager as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Message is across with GtG so will find out either way (and worst case can be checked when the Pledge manager comes through)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Invoice type things sent out - I have checked in with GtG about adding in (hoping that the pledge manager will let me add numbers as we are above the $59 mark but will need to wait and see what they say)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaz
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Douglas

GM sent re details of my payment to you.

Thanks for organising this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Hambrook
United Kingdom
Horwich
flag msg tools
PayPal transfer sent.
Many thanks again for organising this.
You are a top cultist.
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.