Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to confirm that your Income production goes up +1 only when building a City via a standard project (cost $25), and that a City generated from a card does not increase your Income production +1 (unless it says so, of course)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm are you sure?

If yes, can you point me to any rule which says that ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Hmm are you sure?

Page 10 in the rulebook;
6) City: For 25 M€ you get to place a city tile (collect any
placement bonus for the tile, and place a player marker on
it). You also get to increase your M€ production 1 step. (See
page 5)

It also shows on the Standard Projects Panel on the game board the icon of a M€ production next to the city tile icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Aethan wrote:
AkitaInu wrote:
Hmm are you sure?

Page 10 in the rulebook;
6) City: For 25 M€ you get to place a city tile (collect any
placement bonus for the tile, and place a player marker on
it). You also get to increase your M€ production 1 step. (See
page 5)

It also shows on the Standard Projects Panel on the game board the icon of a M€ production next to the city tile icon.

I am sorry, I've meant that is there any information about the fact there is no income bonus for placing a city from a card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That information is on each card allowing to place a city. Whatever the card says is whats valid. The extra production of M€ on the standard project is probably a little extra encouragement to perform that action, as the cost of it is rather high compared to the card costs, and most cards also give one or more benefits besides the city placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, sorry for misunderstanding, Andrzej.
The standard projects are effects of their own. They have nothing to do with the tile placement in general. Just as a card can cost 18M€ and let you place a city tile, decrease energy production 1 step and increase M€ production 3 steps, the standard project is just like one such card, costing 25M€ and lets you place a city tile and increase your M€ production 1 step. The only thing that is in common for all city tiles is that they may not be placed adjacent to other city tiles (unless stated otherwise on the card), and they are worth 1 VP at the end game scoring for each adjacent greenery tile.

You should treat the standard projects as if they were simple cards that you can play over and over again. They do not affect other card effects in any way. I hope this makes it clear. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonathan, not a problem

Thank you both for explanation !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.