Australia
flag msg tools
Honi soit qui mal y pense, motto of Sydney Uni Rugby Club, est. 1863
badge
General Sir John Monash, victor of Le Hamel
mbmbmbmbmb
I see "CSA" units on the countersheet.

Why are they there?

Is this the product of some alternate 19th century outcomes card plays?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IanR wrote:
I see "CSA" units on the countersheet.

Why are they there?

Is this the product of some alternate 19th century outcomes card plays?

No, but if the Nazis invade the American South they can set up a puppet CSA by recruiting unreconstructed Strom Thurmond-era southerners. (The game has a lot of puppet regimes and armies like the historical Croatians and Manchukuo forces, to hypothetical Vlasov troops, pro-Soviet German Communists and Poles, and even Australian fascists.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Raine
Australia
flag msg tools
Honi soit qui mal y pense, motto of Sydney Uni Rugby Club, est. 1863
badge
General Sir John Monash, victor of Le Hamel
mbmbmbmbmb
German-American Bund collaborators up in the north?

(PS - The irony of the Australian 'New Guard' movement in the 30's is that at one point they wanted to install General Sir John Monash (see my avatar) as a Roman style dictator. He, being Jewish (his parents were Prussian emigres), was president of the The Zionist Federation of Australia. He declined the suggestion, and died in October 1931.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IanR wrote:
German-American Bund collaborators up in the north?

(PS - The irony of the Australian 'New Guard' movement in the 30's is that at one point they wanted to install General Sir John Monash (see my avatar) as a Roman style dictator. He, being Jewish (his parents were Prussian emigres), was president of the The Zionist Federation of Australia. He declined the suggestion, and died in October 1931.)

Thanks for the New Guard trivia -- I always thought Australian fascism had to be among the most ridiculous of the fascist movements. (Not quite as absurd as the tiny Luxembourg fascist party which wanted to create a "Greater Luxembourg" by annexing bits of France and Belgium!)

As for the Bund, there are no Bund units in the game but they can have an effect on US production through sabotage (things have to be pretty desperate for the US for that to happen). A few of the 2,500+ random events involve Bund activity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.