Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Over ten years ago, I joined this website for information... in the begging of the time I didn't know much about anything, really.

Quickly Beardie

Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb

was one of those early people I began chatting with...

So when I announced I was moving to the Youngstown, Ohio area - I got a surprise geekmail that he was a mere two hours away!

Awesome!

I had met other geeks met other geeks with no prior knowledge of who they are... and I had met others at conventions or NYC or wherever.

The move here sucked - and overall it wasn't the worst experience of my life. The house we are going to rent though, needs some work - mainly cleaning.

With our kids gone to be with someone for the day, my wife and I lamented our day... get to her house and evaluate the rest of the week and go to her office to at least unpack and rearrange everything.

Then around 10am I get a FB message, "I'm on the way, be there in two hours."

Beardie came and helped all freakin' day!

It was amazing.

I can honestly say that Becky and I needed that help... and there it was.

Thank you!

-DK

(pic incoming - at a hotel's computer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Sounds like
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb

is in line for a super nice Xmas present from the Kahnt family for his generosity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty awesome story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
Awesome story. I'd like to pay it forward and let any BGG'er know that if you move to Austin, I've got your back...I have a great list of moving companies that do an awesome job of moving you in that I have spent many hours putting together. I know, so altruistic.

Love!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Pariah
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Awesome story. I'd like to pay it forward and let any BGG'er know that if you move to Austin, I've got your back...I have a great list of moving companies that do an awesome job of moving you in that I have spent many hours putting together. I know, so altruistic.

You're such a giver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How difficult is it to move socks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
So much for that Wiles-Kahnt-Bickerstaff gaming con. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Pittsburgh. If you are living right, you get your hands dirty. Opening boxes of books isn't the hardest day of work I ever had.

And heck, I scored two meals out of the visit.

Verkisto wrote:
So much for that Wiles-Kahnt-Bickerstaff gaming con. soblue

Davy is an hour and a half away from the Pittsburgh International Airport. Your dreams needn't be crushed. I know a Dwarf who would be driving past the place on his way over, relatively speaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.