Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My pal who picked up my ST Ascendancy game at GenCon delivered the game and related materials yesterday. Here is what I got in the package:

* 50th Anniversary First Run Star Trek Ascendancy game

* 15 Bonus TOS Exploration Cards included, as noted on the outer shrink wrap sticker

* Separate package of dice produced after the box was shrink wrapped: 10 small blue and white D6 and one medium custom Space Lane D6 generating 2,2,3,3,4,4 space lane lengths on its faces

* Three $10 sets of resin Star Base minis: each set one SB per faction

* Four free commemorative pins: 50th Anniversary, Federation, Klingon, Cardassian

* Commemorative small stick on blue ribbon "Star Trek Ascendancy"

* All inside a giant plastic commemorative shopping bag

Thanks to my good pal Nick for the proxy shopping! So far everything seems complete, except for the resin top of one Star Base. Since the Components List at the beginning of the 30 page rules booklet does not mention the final numbers of the pieces included, I will post what I received so that others may compare their list to mine, and see if we got the same numbers of the many game components, both plastic and cardboard. I plan to do a Rules Book Index as well, and possibly other player aids, such as a consolidated FAQ of what has been posted so far. These will be submitted to the Files section below.

I will be playing my first games this Saturday and the following Wednesday! We will be boldly going where few customer gamers have gone before (cue theme music).

Live long and prosper, fellow game recipients!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
He shorted you a Romulan pin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Was that all for $100? I ask because when I stopped by the booth and asked how much the game was, "$100" was the answer. There was no mention of bonus cards, extra dice, or the three sets of resin star bases. I did observe people being handed a pin with each purchase, though.

So if that be the case, then I feel like an idiot for not picking-up a copy while there.
OTOH, if all the extra goodies did indeed cost extra, then I only feel bad for not coming up with a better purchase plan, as who knows if they'll ever be available retail?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Was that all for $100? I ask because when I stopped by the booth and asked how much the game was, "$100" was the answer. There was no mention of bonus cards, extra dice, or the three sets of resin star bases. I did observe people being handed a pin with each purchase, though.

So if that be the case, then I feel like an idiot for not picking-up a copy while there.
OTOH, if all the extra goodies did indeed cost extra, then I only feel bad for not coming up with a better purchase plan, as who knows if they'll ever be available retail?!

$120. The two extra sets of space stations were $10 each. I believe the badges were free. The extra 15 cards are included in all of the first run edition of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
You kids, get offa my lawn!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

...extra dice...

The external package of dice isn't actually extras, they were accidentally left out of the box when it was packaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

OK, great. Thanks for the replies. It sounds like it's time to hunt for those extra space stations, then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

$120. The two extra sets of space stations were $10 each. I believe the badges were free. The extra 15 cards are included in all of the first run edition of the game.

I preordered the game for the $100 and got all 3 space stations, dice, and pins for that price at Gen Con pickup. Not sure why they charged you more for the space stations, that seems wrong.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you purchased them in addition to the ones you should have got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My total was $130; no star base set was free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:

If you preordered on their website you got one set of starbases free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Do all the cardboard Starbase tokens look the same?

Or does each faction have it's own unique picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
Do all the cardboard Starbase tokens look the same?

Or does each faction have it's own unique picture?

The back side of the tokens have the faction's symbol and 1, 2, or 3 ascendancy symbols. The front side is the same for all starbases regardless of faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
chas59 wrote:

If you preordered on their website you got one set of starbases free.

This ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Morris
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
cbs42 wrote:

Actually when I purchased mine at the booth there were no Romulan pins. Saw them there later but didn't bother whining to get one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyromancer wrote:
cbs42 wrote:

Actually when I purchased mine at the booth there were no Romulan pins. Saw them there later but didn't bother whining to get one...

Actually it's cloaked that's why you can't find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:

That is good to hear. I hate missing components given out at Gencon and SPIEL. The space stations were nice. Hope they will be at BGG.CON Fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Lastname
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I need those starbase minis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioannis Reppas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone upload a photo with the pins and the ribbon?

I did not get mine (reserved a copy via preorder and they never gave them to my friend who picked up the game for me) and I want to see what I have missed.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Lastname
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Got mine at Star Trek Las Vegas. Only got two of the pins and no Starbase ordering. Got everything else. As long as I can order them later that's okay though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to give the a gold star for being at two simultaneous conventions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spike1382 wrote:
I need those starbase minis!

They will be putting out plastic starbases, with the right colors, in a future expansion. The resin ones at Gen Con were a test to see if there was demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.