msg tools
hi i need to now if this game is to easy ?...i like hard games ... thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Core game is on the easy side of the spectrum: once you get the basic strategy, you'll rarely lose one game. BUT. Get core game and the Gates of Arkham expansion... and you'll be blown away. Gates is one of the best gaming experience I've ever had, it's difficult, challenging, it forces you plan in advance many movements and it remains difficult even after a lot of plays

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game is a pushover, and Elder Sign: Unseen Forces doesn't really make it any tougher, except for the "Master Mythos" cards. But Elder Sign: Gates of Arkham and Elder Sign: Omens of Ice are both fiercely challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M (Grey Areas Gaming)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, I have played Elder Sign a couple of times in a big group (7/8 players) and we lost both times I now have the base game but it's been "put away" for my birthday in November.

In terms of possible expansions I really like the look and theme of Omens of Ice - what are your overall thoughts on that? And would you recommend I get Gates of Arkham before getting Omens of Ice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Core game is on the easy side of the spectrum: once you get the basic strategy, you'll rarely lose one game. BUT. Get core game and the Gates of Arkham expansion... and you'll be blown away. Gates is one of the best gaming experience I've ever had, it's difficult, challenging, it forces you plan in advance many movements and it remains difficult even after a lot of plays

Hope this helps

Everything she said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:
And would you recommend I get Gates of Arkham before getting Omens of Ice?

Nope. They are completely parallel experiences. You should go straight to the one that appeals to you more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mb
atomo wrote:
hi i need to now if this game is to easy ?...i like hard games ... thanks
The base game is definitely too easy. Some peoples says the difficulty various at random, but according to statistic its wrong. The base game is just on easy side. Of course you can try some variants from this forum to make the game harder or just add an expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M (Grey Areas Gaming)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
argentetbury wrote:
And would you recommend I get Gates of Arkham before getting Omens of Ice?

Nope. They are completely parallel experiences. You should go straight to the one that appeals to you more.

Cheers Carthoris, Omens of Ice it is! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
The base game is a pushover, and Elder Sign: Unseen Forces doesn't really make it any tougher

I think Unseen Forces might make it easier. Because when you get blessed there's almost no stopping you. That said, I only play with two characters, so your-milage-may-vary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
Carthoris wrote:
The base game is a pushover, and Elder Sign: Unseen Forces doesn't really make it any tougher

I think Unseen Forces might make it easier. Because when you get blessed there's almost no stopping you. That said, I only play with two characters, so your-milage-may-vary

I still feel that Unseen Forces is a needed expansion because of the Blessing/Cursed mechanic. If you lack UF and you come across a reward/penalty that has that mechanic as one of the choices, you are FORCED to take the reward/penalty that doesn't result in the investigator to be blessed/cursed. But that could just be me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If what you're looking for is a challenge, being forced isn't so awful. The only reason there's even a decision in those cards is to keep Unseen Forces itself optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.