Subject: Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
What size sleeves are folks using for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lockdall

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used 63x88 standard clear sleeves from Dragon Shield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used 64X87 invisible sleeves from Zonko's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lockdall

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdrog2 wrote:

Aw man! I looked and couldn't see them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdrog2 wrote:

how are zonko's clear sleeves? I like dragon shields but DS clears seem to have a ridge along the seem that makes them clump slightly while shuffling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matloc wrote:
mdrog2 wrote:

Aw man! I looked and couldn't see them.

They're quite visible if you're looking at the Marauder's Map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't there some smaller cards in addition to the standard size ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Prasuhn
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are the location cards, Villain cards, and then the Hogwarts cards. All three are different sizes. However the Hogwarts and villain cards are the only ones you shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wise
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone been able to find sleeve sizes for the location and event cards? The event cards are 75x75mm and the location cards are 76x102mm. I have not been able to find sleeves that accommodate either size. Nonstandard sizes drive me crazy.

Update: I found some potential sleeves from SwanPanasia. I Ordered their 75x75mm size and 77x128mm size. I will have to trim the 77x128mm sleeves for the location cards. If the event cards don't fit in the 75x75mm I can put them in the extra 77x128mm sleeves and trim the excess length. I will report back the results after I receive them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
BWise wrote:
Has anyone been able to find sleeve sizes for the location and event cards? The event cards are 75x75mm and the location cards are 76x102mm. I have not been able to find sleeves that accommodate either size. Nonstandard sizes drive me crazy.

Update: I found some potential sleeves from SwanPanasia. I Ordered their 75x75mm size and 77x128mm size. I will have to trim the 77x128mm sleeves for the location cards. If the event cards don't fit in the 75x75mm I can put them in the extra 77x128mm sleeves and trim the excess length. I will report back the results after I receive them.

Sounds good look forward to your report

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
What about these for the event cards? They are 82mmX82mmhttp://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/217579

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BWise wrote:

Just a heads up, in case you were unaware (from one of the kings of all reference GeekLists: Card Sleeve Sizes for Games)...

Quote:
General sleeving notes:

Swan PanAsia measures its sleeves by the exterior dimensions, so the listed sizes for their sleeves are somewhat larger than the size of cards that will fit in them.

Here is the entry for HP Hogwarts Battle in the above GeekList, HP Hogwarts Battle Sleeves, which lists all of the known companies with sleeves that would fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wise
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Wish I would have known about that earlier. I didn't think it would be in the list yet since the game is so new. Still waiting on the shipment, but I'll likely just be trimming what I have to make it work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone know the difference of thickness for the standard vs premium sleeves from swan panasia? Are the standard like penny sleeves or like the ffg standard sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhatRam32 wrote:
Anyone know the difference of thickness for the standard vs premium sleeves from swan panasia? Are the standard like penny sleeves or like the ffg standard sleeves?

Taken directly from the GeekList I linked a few posts above:

Quote:
Most 'penny' sleeves are about 40 microns thick, and most 'premium' sleeves are about 100 microns.

Fantasy Flight: All sleeves are 105 microns.

Swan PanAsia: Standard sleeves are 40 microns. Premium sleeves are 90 microns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam K
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
eprasuhn wrote:
There are the location cards, Villain cards, and then the Hogwarts cards. All three are different sizes. However the Hogwarts and villain cards are the only ones you shuffle.

You also shuffle the character decks (standard size) and the Dark Arts deck (square cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Jackson
United States
La Porte
Indiana
flag msg tools
BWise wrote:

What is your report?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wise
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Oh! I forgot about this thread and that I never posted my results. Oops! The 75x75mm Swanpanasia sleeves did end up fitting the dark arts events card with a very snug fit. The longer 77x128mm sleeves worked for the location and villain cards after trimming the length down to size with a rotary cutter. Here are the links for the sleeves I used:

https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com/collections/standard-slee...

https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com/collections/standard-slee...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Mazurczak
Germany
Kirchen
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thx to @BWise result's/review I ordered also the Swanpanasia Sleeves (75x75mm thin, 77x128mm thin & 65x90mm premium) for my set. The 75x75mm fit perfectly. For the bigger cards (76x102mm) I used a metal ruler and a cutter to shorten the sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.