Subject: New player HIS question - does HIS trump Leipzig debate? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question for a new player game with 6 new players. If the pope has played Leipzig debate and deactivated Luther as a debater for the turn can the Protestant player then play Here I Stand to reactivate Luther?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations, are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest.
mbmbmbmbmb
If Luther is made "unavailable" with Leipzig Debate, he is just that, and cannot be recalled for the debate by Here I Stand.

I, too, forgot the exception in the rules. See below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davidson
United States
Orland Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
He's only sequestered for the one designated round though; usually the first one is the desired choice in this regard in most circumstances. In the case of a first round tie, he could be used if desired and the Home card played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both. We weren't sure simply because cards typically trump the rules, but in this case it's whether a card trumps an earlier card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jose carrion
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry but i think that protestant can use it.

18.5 debates

Exception to point 2 And 3.
His can be used even if papacy used leipzig debate to specifically made luther not available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davidson
United States
Orland Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, color me silly; I had forgotten that exception.

Remembering now, that the main point of excluding him is to force a HCard use to get him back into the debate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.