Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Living in Long Beach/SoCal area for now.

Looking for players close to where I live for KD:M (want to start a new campaign. I'm new at the game. While I own the game, I don't really have anything painted or glued, nor any real gaming table to play at my place, or feel comfortable transporting this around. So while I own it, I'm basically looking for others who own it and me to play as a guest rather than host for this game. Check other games I own via my account collection (these games are far more transportable than KD:M, and I'm far more willing to take and unpack...I still don't have a gaming table at my place though, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to So.Cal! I'm in San Diego, so a little too far, but I met an LA based KD:M player the other day. I'll send him a PM to point to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am out of town right now but I am based in Redlands, CA. So kind of local. I have KD as well as all of the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Schaeffer
United States
Toluca Lake
California
flag msg tools
Nice. Very nice. I live in LA but my girlfriend lives in the OC. So I'm passing through the LBC on the regular. I'd definitely be willing to travel to play some KDM. My girlfriend is a bit of a lightweight board gamer, although she'd probably be interested in playing as well.

I actually just played the game for the first time yesterday. I threw out an invite on here to play some Scythe and after a fellow board gamer and his wife, who happened to live in my area, played a game of Scythe, they turned out to have a copy.

Ethan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Albatrocity wrote:
Nice. Very nice. I live in LA but my girlfriend lives in the OC. So I'm passing through the LBC on the regular. I'd definitely be willing to travel to play some KDM. My girlfriend is a bit of a lightweight board gamer, although she'd probably be interested in playing as well.

I actually just played the game for the first time yesterday. I threw out an invite on here to play some Scythe and after a fellow board gamer and his wife, who happened to live in my area, played a game of Scythe, they turned out to have a copy.

Ethan

Hey,

I'm new and haven't played, but be forewarned (or your girlfriend), this isn't a really lightweight game and it deals with highly sexualized themes and horror. But possibly. I'd have to buy some glue. I don't have a table though. So I might have to learn the game with someone else I know.

I'm not quite sure what your second paragraph is referring to. It isn't quite clear. You mean you played a first game of KD:M? Or Sythe? Do you own KD:M? Again sorry, your second paragraph is a little confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Darkson wrote:
I am out of town right now but I am based in Redlands, CA. So kind of local. I have KD as well as all of the expansions.

I had to check. That's kinda far. Dunno. Maybe possibly. You do have the game though and expansions and I haven't glued or painted mine (and new) nor really a gaming table at my apartment which are problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
Welcome to So.Cal! I'm in San Diego, so a little too far, but I met an LA based KD:M player the other day. I'll send him a PM to point to this thread.

Thanks man. San Diego is kinda far for a game. I've seen you around the forums. I wouldn't mind playing if I could teleport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Schaeffer
United States
Toluca Lake
California
flag msg tools
Sorry about that. I meant I posted on BGG a couple weeks ago looking for folks to play Scythe with, and a couple I met and played a game of Scythe with wound up having a copy of KDM. So I was able to play KDM a couple. I guys ago for the first time. It was a lot of fun.

I've told my girlfriend about the game, and showed her the figures. She likes the Strain TV show, so I'm sure she'd be okay.

Be careful you but purchase the right kind of glue. I heard a podcaster talking about how he bought the wrong kind of glue initially, and it melted the plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenman12 wrote:
Darkson wrote:

I had to check. That's kinda far. Dunno. Maybe possibly. You do have the game though and expansions and I haven't glued or painted mine (and new) nor really a gaming table at my apartment which are pluses.

We could always meet at Brookhurst Hobbies. I have the basic 4 survivors built as well as the White Lion and Screaming Antelope. My stuff is in storage till my house is finished being built.

I should be local for the next few weeks if you want help putting your stuff together.

I also have a copy of Scyth readly available to play if you want to meet up and play that. I think I could get a group together to play at Brookhurst if you want to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Albatrocity wrote:
Sorry about that. I meant I posted on BGG a couple weeks ago looking for folks to play Scythe with, and a couple I met and played a game of Scythe with wound up having a copy of KDM. So I was able to play KDM a couple. I guys ago for the first time. It was a lot of fun.

I've told my girlfriend about the game, and showed her the figures. She likes the Strain TV show, so I'm sure she'd be okay.

Be careful you but purchase the right kind of glue. I heard a podcaster talking about how he bought the wrong kind of glue initially, and it melted the plastic.

Yeah. The only reason why I mentioned that was I found it odd she liked "lightweight games" and I thought or (assume at this point since I'm completely new) this was game was a very heavy time consuming, etc, game. My bad.

Yeah. I'm just looking for other people who have the game right now as my op post (I redone to make more clear than before). No big gaming table, space, at my place right now. I wasn't expecting how big and unwieldy this would be to transport. Interesting that you mentioned glue. I hope that doesn't include regular modeling hobby glue. This game is something I'm going to have to unfold later once, things get in order later on.

I am willing do other games that are more transportable, etc. Just PM to continue the conversation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Albatrocity wrote:

Plastic cement does indeed melt the plastic, but it's supposed to. Use the right amount and it's ideal, to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Darkson wrote:
Zenman12 wrote:
Darkson wrote:

I had to check. That's kinda far. Dunno. Maybe possibly. You do have the game though and expansions and I haven't glued or painted mine (and new) nor really a gaming table at my apartment which are pluses.

We could always meet at Brookhurst Hobbies. I have the basic 4 survivors built as well as the White Lion and Screaming Antelope. My stuff is in storage till my house is finished being built.

I should be local for the next few weeks if you want help putting your stuff together.

I also have a copy of Scyth readly available to play if you want to meet up and play that. I think I could get a group together to play at Brookhurst if you want to play.

We could. That's a lot better. I'm going to be honest. I'm getting a lot of request from here, my mailbox, and the facebook group for groups. So I have to whittle it down. It sucks to reject, but I don't think I could play so many campaigns. Your Brookhurst makes things more feasible (however I feel bad if you're willing to drive all that distance tbh). So I'm definitely open for it.

But you do have other games. Seems like Scythe is a popular game from 2 seperate people on here. I'm not a fan of Euro games (which it looks like) but Scythe does look pretty awesome from what I can tell and has a Mechwarrior feel (I loved Mechwarrior). So other games are possibility as well.

PM me if you want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.