Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

Might even have been "News" worthy, given how many people have been waiting on this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone who has run into the game-ending issues with scenarios (particularly the innsmouth one) confirm that the issue is resolved? I am still waiting on my copy to come in the mail (hopefully today), but will be nice to know that the major hiccups people have been running into are already fixed before I start into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news. I was playing the escape from innsmouth (sp) scenario and I was just about to get on the boat when app locked up!! So close lol. all that time gone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"Because the ultimate purpose of crime is to establish the endless empire of crime."
mbmbmbmbmb
sithknight19 wrote:
This is great news. I was playing the escape from innsmouth (sp) scenario and I was just about to get on the boat when app locked up!! So close lol. all that time gone

You're saying this happened with the 1.0.2 patch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
GorillaGrody wrote:
sithknight19 wrote:

You're saying this happened with the 1.0.2 patch?

Considering he started with "this is great news", I'm guessing no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clicked around the app and the Innsmouth Mob runs off board issues seem to be fixed.

Which means hopefully no game freezes anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game last night 8/10/2016 and ran into the issue of it freezing two turns before I would of been on the boat and freedom. I'm going to try it again tonight and see if anything has changed but far as I know the patch was on the 8th. I really do love this game though and really excited with future content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sithknight19 wrote:
I played the game last night 8/10/2016 and ran into the issue of it freezing two turns before I would of been on the boat and freedom. I'm going to try it again tonight and see if anything has changed but far as I know the patch was on the 8th. I really do love this game though and really excited with future content.

That was 1.01.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
sithknight19 wrote:

That was 1.01.

Yeah if you're not sure what version you've got check the bottom right corner of the main menu screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inmat4251 wrote:
Can anyone who has run into the game-ending issues with scenarios (particularly the innsmouth one) confirm that the issue is resolved? I am still waiting on my copy to come in the mail (hopefully today), but will be nice to know that the major hiccups people have been running into are already fixed before I start into it.

I am still able to recreate my game breaking bug with this patch. It only occurs if certain tiles and/or token are revealed.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
For example, the game bugged out on me after the deep one spawned and I had not revealed the store shop. I didn't experience the bug in another game where the store shop was revealed. Not certain that was the cause though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had the glitch happen where I can't do anything after the riot moves. The UI is frozen (can't end mythos) but I can still access the options menu to save & quit.

I'm using Steam version 1.0.2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Yep. Me too. Same old bug is still there shake

Round of applause for FFG for getting the game out in time for Gencon... shame it wasn't ready and the App isn't stable at all. Still, can't have everything right? Who wants a polished, properly tested game for $100?

Money money money *sings*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
I just had the glitch happen where I can't do anything after the riot moves. The UI is frozen (can't end mythos) but I can still access the options menu to save & quit.

I'm using Steam version 1.0.2

Soakman, I take the post just as example. I know you posted on the main FFG forum

Guys, report to the software channel (with device, plataform, scenario, etc)

softwaresupport@fantasyflightgames.com

or

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/227053-mansio...

More (and accurate) reports helps to fix more quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
Yep. Me too. Same old bug is still there shake

Round of applause for FFG for getting the game out in time for Gencon... shame it wasn't ready and the App isn't stable at all. Still, can't have everything right? Who wants a polished, properly tested game for $100?

Money money money *sings*

Except that the update obviously did something, as people are starting to report completing the scenario without issue.

Also, stable doesn't mean what you think it means. Bugs don't mean it's not stable. Stable is in regards to crashes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A U
msg tools
mbmb
No!!! I was excited to play the new 1.0.2 update until I ran into the exact same bug in scenario 2. Unfortunately, FFG's incompetency is starting to show. It is bad enough that they missed this scenario/game-breaking bug at release. Two updates later they are still having the exact same problem. I am running Steam version 1.0.2 on a Mac. I guess I will go ahead and submit my bug report - again. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Update 1.02 is now available on iOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
click click click
mbmb

We saved scenario 1 last night.
Restarting today, the game loads, but it's frozen with the Monster Drawer visible and the map faded in the background. Menu and Settings work, but no other mouse clicks do anything.

Tried running as Admin, no dice.
This is Steam on Windows 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

jvdv wrote:

We saved scenario 1 last night.
Restarting today, the game loads, but it's frozen with the Monster Drawer visible and the map faded in the background. Menu and Settings work, but no other mouse clicks do anything.

That's just very disappointing.

In this post you'll find a method to automate the backing up of save games during play (on a Windows platform that is). It's not ideal but if you save every 30 minutes (set an alarm clock!) at least you don't loose the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
click click click
mbmb

Yes it was disappointing at first. We just decided to restart, and ran through the whole first story in one session, with breaks. It ran too long for my tastes, though that was to be expected with 5 players, including two young teens who needed translations.

Also, because concentration was dropping for all players, we couldn't solve an important Code Puzzle. I need to get to grips with those. yuk

Regardless of these issues, it is of course an awesome game, there's no doubt about that. I think it's probably the most immersive game I've played since the 80s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.