Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This question is result of playing Road to Legend but could equally apply to the standard game.

When a door is opened and you are instructed to place a monster group (let's say goblin archers as an example) and there is already one or more goblin archers already elsewhere on the map, what do you do?

1) Leave the existing goblin archers where they are and place what goblin archers remain in the location instructed by the scenario

or

2) Move the existing goblin archers and place with the others in the location instructed by the scenario.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Option 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
Option 1.

Thanks, that is how I have been playing it but I thought I would question because it caused a silly scenario.

Can't remember the scenario, but it nvolved a long winding corridor and ckearing fallen rubble.

It started off with some ettins behind us so we just ran away from them. As we cleared rubble ahead it was supposed to trigger ettins appearing ahead of us but as they were both still behind nothing happened.

So we just raced to the end of the corridor unopposed and then waited for them to come to us where we killed them.

Didn't seem right as it was too easy.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
The overlord is able to make the choice of moving existing monsters from one part of the map to the other to fulfill new spawn instructions. Play it according to how you see fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
is there anywhere in the rules or FAQ where this is clarified, I have looked and couldn't see anything.

In the example I recently experienced it would have made more sense to move the monsters because opening a new section of the map and finding it empty is rather anti-climatic.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
The overlord is able to make the choice of moving existing monsters from one part of the map to the other to fulfill new spawn instructions.

You do NOT remove and replace monsters from the map. From page 10 of the rules PDS, under "Peril Effect":

Some peril effects can cause certain monster groups to spawn, which
can, in rare cases, be a group already on the map. If this happens, do
not remove any of the other monsters; place as many as possible in the
indicated places while still following group limits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Grisman
England
flag msg tools
Sarcasmorator wrote:
foxreinard wrote:
The overlord is able to make the choice of moving existing monsters from one part of the map to the other to fulfill new spawn instructions.

You do NOT remove and replace monsters from the map. From page 10 of the rules PDS, under "Peril Effect":

Some peril effects can cause certain monster groups to spawn, which
can, in rare cases, be a group already on the map. If this happens, do
not remove any of the other monsters; place as many as possible in the
indicated places while still following group limits.

To be fair, this isn't a Peril effect, but part of the quest. I would normally expect the same rule to apply, but this quest is designed to throw up a roadblock monster every time you clear part of a hallway; it might make more gameplay sense to remove a monster and place it afresh in the indicated space.

Orrrr, proxy a second Master devil (ok, you're meant to be limited by physical supplies, but I'm using creative liberties for the sake of the story & gameplay )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.