$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
$30.00
Mary Zuffi
msg tools
My first time at Gen Con and I was confused as to why would I purchase these two dollar tickets to play a game. The description was confusing as I thought I was to learn these games and what I came up against was "oh no this is a tournament" and "you must know how to play the game, I can't help you" - "go inside for the demo". Well there went that four bucks for my husband and myself. I must say the majority of these helpers were fantastic and went above board - game board that is lol. Gen Con needs to clarify the description maybe a "learn it" code, especially for newbies. Other than that it was Awesome. Oh and hopefully "Game Night" will have t-shirts for sale - so would have bought some - love their reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Gray

Alabama
msg tools
Well, the listings do have fields for "experience required" and "materials provided", among others. It also tells you if it's a tournament or not. I can't speak to all of the 16,000 events being properly documented but, for the most part, I thought they did a good job in telling you what was what. And this was my first Gencon, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gen Con event listings are generally pretty good about that sort of thing, for example:

Did you try getting the tickets refunded at registration? I'm not sure they give money back after the event has started, but they might have been able to give you generics or system credit for the tickets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.