Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Fields of Green» Forums » News

Subject: Stronghold Games will co-publish FIELDS OF GREEN rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

We do not usually make early announcements like this, but...

Fields of Green will be co-published by Stronghold Games for an early 2017 release.

We are making this announcement with the knowledge and permission of Artipia Games. This provides buyers with the choice of how to source this great game, either via Artipia's KS or via Artipia's/Stronghold Games' standard FLGS/FOLGS network).

There are no additional details available (as there are literally no other details to provide!).

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Miranda
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:

We do not usually make early announcements like this, but...

Fields of Green will be co-published by Stronghold Games for an early 2017 release.

We are making this announcement with the knowledge and permission of Artipia Games. This provides buyers with the choice of how to source this great game, either via Artipia's KS or via Artipia's/Stronghold Games' standard FLGS/FOLGS network).

There are no additional details available (as there are literally no other details to provide!).

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC


Thanks Stephen,

Any idea of the retail price?

Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, will get this game for sure at some point! :S
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pjb pjb
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does this mean less people will now back the game, therefore reducing the size of the KS amount and number of cards/components in the finished product?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm watching the campaign and think Artipia didn't do themselves any favors by not having a couple of stretch goals listed out of the gate. I'll check back, but with KS' default reminder to be 48 hours prior to end, they probably lost some momentum from those looking for the exclusives that make backing more worthwhile than waiting for the Stronghold release.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connors
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Edelwise wrote:
It depends on the reasons people fund games on Kickstarter. As far as I've seen, the main incentives are usually exclusive content and early delivery.


But the KS says:

Quote:
Keep in mind that these Stretch rewards will not be exclusive and they may become available to acquire in the future at an additional cost.


With Stronghold typically offering a pre-order discount, it really becomes a question of whether their version will have the same content as the KS.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artipia mentioned on the comments page of the KS campaign that the stretch goals listed as extras won't be in all copies, but things like the wooden tokens would be. No extra cards - you have to obtain those w/ the KS campaign or pay extra afterwards. Whether they're worth the extra for backing on KS is going to be up to each person.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paschott wrote:
Artipia mentioned on the comments page of the KS campaign that the stretch goals listed as extras won't be in all copies, but things like the wooden tokens would be. No extra cards - you have to obtain those w/ the KS campaign or pay extra afterwards. Whether they're worth the extra for backing on KS is going to be up to each person.


Yeah, that's usually the case. I've found that Stronghold's pricing gets to come really close to the offered KS price by Artipia (remember, it includes worldwide shipping), but it doesn't come with the stretch goals. These are offered at a later point from Artipia's website, while stock lasts and they're on the $10 range + shipping.

For people that know they'll get the game, the current KS campaign is by far the cheapest way to get the whole package.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the retail price for Base game going to be?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm curious about the expected price at retail too. I spent lots of money on games recently and while the KS is very tempting, $50 is very steep. It basically puts the game at the price level of Mage Knight and Scythe.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
infi01 wrote:
I'm curious about the expected price at retail too. I spent lots of money on games recently and while the KS is very tempting, $50 is very steep. It basically puts the game at the price level of Mage Knight and Scythe.


Price of the kickstarter includes shipping ...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
infi01 wrote:
I'm curious about the expected price at retail too. I spent lots of money on games recently and while the KS is very tempting, $50 is very steep. It basically puts the game at the price level of Mage Knight and Scythe.

Price of the kickstarter includes shipping ...

That's what everyone says but I almost never pay for shipping of a single game because I make larger orders that ship free. For example, AtS is $32 with no additional shipping cost if the total order is > $100 at most online stores.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
infi01 wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:
infi01 wrote:
I'm curious about the expected price at retail too. I spent lots of money on games recently and while the KS is very tempting, $50 is very steep. It basically puts the game at the price level of Mage Knight and Scythe.

Price of the kickstarter includes shipping ...

That's what everyone says but I almost never pay for shipping of a single game because I make larger orders that ship free. For example, AtS is $32 with no additional shipping cost if the total order is > $100 at most online stores.


That doesn't change the fact the price for the kickstarter edition of the game includes shipping. So when you ask the question what the price at retail will be, you shouldn't reference the $50 price ...

If you don't want to pay for shipping, then wait for the retail edition and make a big order that includes Fields of Green as you normally do?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
infi01 wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:
infi01 wrote:
I'm curious about the expected price at retail too. I spent lots of money on games recently and while the KS is very tempting, $50 is very steep. It basically puts the game at the price level of Mage Knight and Scythe.

Price of the kickstarter includes shipping ...

That's what everyone says but I almost never pay for shipping of a single game because I make larger orders that ship free. For example, AtS is $32 with no additional shipping cost if the total order is > $100 at most online stores.


That doesn't change the fact the price for the kickstarter edition of the game includes shipping. So when you ask the question what the price at retail will be, you shouldn't reference the $50 price ...

If you don't want to pay for shipping, then wait for the retail edition and make a big order that includes Fields of Green as you normally do?


Hence my original question "how much the game may be at retail" to which you replied the price at KS includes shipping. That didn't answer my question at all. I didn't ask about shipping, so not sure why we are even talking about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
infi01 wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:
infi01 wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:
infi01 wrote:
I'm curious about the expected price at retail too. I spent lots of money on games recently and while the KS is very tempting, $50 is very steep. It basically puts the game at the price level of Mage Knight and Scythe.

Price of the kickstarter includes shipping ...

That's what everyone says but I almost never pay for shipping of a single game because I make larger orders that ship free. For example, AtS is $32 with no additional shipping cost if the total order is > $100 at most online stores.


That doesn't change the fact the price for the kickstarter edition of the game includes shipping. So when you ask the question what the price at retail will be, you shouldn't reference the $50 price ...

If you don't want to pay for shipping, then wait for the retail edition and make a big order that includes Fields of Green as you normally do?


Hence my original question "how much the game may be at retail" to which you replied the price at KS includes shipping. That didn't answer my question at all. I didn't ask about shipping, so not sure why we are even talking about it.


If you would have only asked "how much the game may be at retail", we wouldn't be talking about it ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS also includes all the cards that will be in the expansion to come out at a later date
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth noting:

I greatly regret backing all the Among The Stars Kickstarters. The Stronghold games editions included markings for expansions and other small pluses.

I think I'll wait for the Stronghold release.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
Worth noting:

I greatly regret backing all the Among The Stars Kickstarters. The Stronghold games editions included markings for expansions and other small pluses.

I think I'll wait for the Stronghold release.

That's because the Stronghold editions are the 2nd editions of the games. Pretty sure any current Artipia printings will have the markings now. It wasn't something they did at first - probably for a variety of reasons (like - will this even _get_ an expansion).

The Stronghold and Artipia versions will be exactly the same, except the KS one will include _all_ of the stretch goals. The Stronghold version will only have a smaller portion of the stretch goals reached and you'll need to buy the other cards later if you want them.

That said, it's your choice where to spend the money. I'm mostly holding off because I just don't know that I'd get the game to the table, but it looks interesting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2017!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm backing. The extra cards + events makes this a no brainier.

As for the bag, I REALLY hope they make it cotton instead, but oh well. The KS has been run well, and the game looks great. Rahdo's thoughts made this one an easy decision for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
Worth noting:

I greatly regret backing all the Among The Stars Kickstarters. The Stronghold games editions included markings for expansions and other small pluses.

I think I'll wait for the Stronghold release.


They have expansion icons in the lower right corner.
Base game icon is the small tractor, first expansion (KS promo pack) is a cow icon, and the Essen promo cards have an flying saucer icon.

Just check the KS pages / updates and you will wee by yourself that they did not make the same mistake.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Cerberus777 wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
Worth noting:

I greatly regret backing all the Among The Stars Kickstarters. The Stronghold games editions included markings for expansions and other small pluses.

I think I'll wait for the Stronghold release.


They have expansion icons in the lower right corner.
Base game icon is the small tractor, first expansion (KS promo pack) is a cow icon, and the Essen promo cards have an flying saucer icon.

Just check the KS pages / updates and you will wee by yourself that they did not make the same mistake.


You'd almost think they learned a thing or two! Imagine that
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Keaney
United States
Bridgeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No news from Stronghold on this yet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.