Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Emergency: Keep calm and call 0118 999 881 999 119 725...3
mbmbmbmbmb
So I bought Industria for a cheap price on Amazon believing it was the International edition distributed from Rio Grande Games. Instead, I got the German edition. Now, I don't really care about the language on the board, but I do care if I was supposed to be sent an International edition and someone thinks they can take advantage of me. Now, I read on here that the edition sent out by RGG February is the International edition which doesn't have English on the board anyway. So, if I went and bought this from my FLGS with the English on the box, I would get a board and tiles with German on them anyway. Is this true? And if it is, why would RGG do something like that knowing their track record of translation? And lastly, when is RGG going to update their fudging website? Lethargy must be good business sense, I guess....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
The only difference between the two editions is the manual, and a cheat sheet for those sad people who can't figure out that 'Computerwerk' means 'Computer Factory' in English. Just download the English manual from BGG and you're good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
chicagometh wrote:
Now, I read on here that the edition sent out by RGG February is the International edition which doesn't have English on the board anyway.

Correct. The only change from the German edition is that it has English rules.

Quote:
So, if I went and bought this from my FLGS with the English on the box, I would get a board and tiles with German on them anyway. Is this true?

Correct.

Quote:
And if it is, why would RGG do something like that knowing their track record of translation?

There was a miscommunication between RGG and Queen games as to how the foreign language would be handled.

Quote:
And lastly, when is RGG going to update their fudging website?

Probably not any time soon. A website is not necessary for RGG sales or marketing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a nice set of paste ups here on the Geek that I used to make my version 100% English.

I do think, considering the German versions of the game used ot go for 10 bucks, that the current edition is way over priced considering it's not in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I smell something fishy here. The fact that Tanga was selling the German-edition Industria for CHEAP ($8 or so?) makes me think perhaps there were quite a few extra copies of it floating around. I wonder if there wasn't a "miscommunication" at all but rather a bunch of German-language boards that needed a home and an American distributor more than happy to sell them.

In any case, I wouldn't spend the time pasting up the game - you can play it just fine with the German on the cards and the board. Language isn't really an issue -- you're just matching words and symbols. By now you probably know most of the German words used on the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.