Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: The Trouble with Tribbles OP rules up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liam Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
The Trouble with Tribbles OP rules are up on the Wizkids website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Baaic, but decent scenario. Im happy it is not another open map.

Any curious what the stats on a cloaking D7 would be given that the unique is 20 compared to the G'roth's 18. 4/1/3/2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm betting that upgrade in the back middle is "kuvah'magh". I wonder if there's any benefit to attaching Torres...

Edit: Ah I see Kohlar's text mentioning it, so that's a confirmed there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sucks to bring Klingons for this OP.

Just seems a little unbalanced. I really dislike that there is no off-set for the Klingons like an ability to kill tribbles for 1 FP or something. Songs would be sung of the great Tribble Massacres. But nope. You have a penalty and no one else does. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
nlee04 wrote:

Just seems a little unbalanced. I really dislike that there is no off-set for the Klingons like an ability to kill tribbles for 1 FP or something. Songs would be sung of the great Tribble Massacres. But nope. You have a penalty and no one else does. Sorry.

At least the Klingons get the Attack and Defence dice bonuses. They don't get that against regular Tribbles from Cyrano Jones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose they're justifying it by the fact that the next big OP is Klingon themed. *shrug*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shame Maltz can't send crew to enemy ships to force a Klingon/tribble penalty.

"Mr. Scott! Where are the Klingons?"
"I gave 'em to the tribbles, sir"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe beaming over a glommer to remove the tribble benefits?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nlee04 wrote:

I'm still playing my Klingons for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nlee04 wrote:

and thus, you have now declared for me, that I shall play KLINGON for this battle! and we shall be victorious! and great songs will be written of this day (or great laughter at my crushing defeat)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kohlar is very interesting. From what I can make out his text reads
"Your Captain Skill number increases by +2 for each damage card assigned to your ship (max +4) If the damage to your ship is reduced your Skill number decreases accordingly. You may field the "Kuvagh'Magh" ET Upgrade at a cost of -2."

Well, it was a little more interesting when I first read it, though on second reading it might not be as great.

On first reading I assumed max +4 was the number of damage cards that could be used to increase CS, in which case you could get Kohlar to CS 11.

However, on second reading it looks like it's meant to be you can increase your CS by max +4 which is not as great, but still useful and interesting to switch up initiative orders later in a match. It would have been a little clearer if this (max +4) came immediately after the Captain Skill increase portion of the sentence. But, that seems to be what they were going for.

Hopefully the Kuvagh'Magh is actually a useful ET.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
the unique ship appears to have text based around a cloak token that is red. I am curious what it will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.