$30.00
$20.00
$5.00
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a zombie invasion variant I thought of:

- You set up a game with Daqan and Uthuk (or other non-undead factions).Victory conditions are normal.
- Every time a Daqan or Uthuk unit is eliminated it is replaced by an undead unit of the same class (if available, or that unit is not replaced), on the hex where it was eliminated. This happens right away. The attacking player choses which unit type of the same class, if there are more than one type available. However, ranged units can't replace melee units, and melee units can't replace ranged units.
- Undead units are considered mindless neutrals, and do not belong to a single player. Both players may choose to order undead units instead of their own.
- You may attack undead units using undead units.
- You do not get lore when rolling lore results for undead units.
- Undead units occupying VP banners, faction banners, dragon hoard, command tents or scenario-specific hexes (like buildings) does not grant VP.
- Command tents are not removed when controlled by undead units.
- You still get VP for lore cards, scenario rules and other things which gives you VP for eliminating units, but NOT when eliminating undead units.
- Undead units are not "friendly" (although you may order them).
- Undead units and Daqan/Uthuk does not support each other when retreating. They take damage instead. Undead units support undead units.
- Undead units cannot use/gain offensive or defensive bonus effects or extra dice from lore cards (example: Rune Blade, Bone Spurs, Enchanted Arrows).
- Undead units cannot use blood field or crystal spire.

OPTIONAL RULES:
- You may remove the scenario "Blood in the water" before set-up. Or other scenarios that you feel are not balanced for zombie rules.
- Archer/caster/flying units can only be replaced by archer/caster/flying undead units.
- Golems, Ironbound, Razorwings and Doombringer are not replaced by undead units.
- Great Dragon can only be replaced by Barrow Wyrm.
- The players may wish to change the rules further to make the game more thematic. For example: Daqan cavalry with horses is only replaced by Death Knights; Flesh Ripper Brutes are only replaced by Barghests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, ha! Sounds entertaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! And I'm guessing that if you move an Undead to control a victory point banner, it does NOT count toward your team, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. I'll add that rule. Undead units controlling VP banners, faction banners, command tents or scenario-specific hexes (like buildings) does not grant VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added rules for retreats, lore cards, and other things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Both players may choose to order undead units instead of their own."

Can a player choose to command a mix of his own units and Undead?

E.g. If I am playing Daqan with a command card that allows me to order three units, could I order two Daqan units and an Undead unit? Or do I have to choose all Undead and all Daqan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are allowed to mix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.