Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they ever implemented achievements what would be good ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Spoiler for innsmouth
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Achievement for killing the mob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McLaughlin
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to think about specifics, but there is a lot of opportunity here. I'd also like to see Steam trading cards and profile backgrounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Frahm
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came up with a few challenges and achievements. What do you think?

Challenges -

Personal weakness
- Each character picks 2 skills which are reduced to 1. All party members need to choose different traits. In five player games one player may choose previously chosen traits. (Hardcore: 4 skill traits)

Made of glass
- All players reduce their sanity and physical maximums by 1 (Hardcore: reduce by 2)

Speed run
- Skip every third investigator and mythos turn. (Hardcore: every second turn)

High threat speed run
- Skip every third investigator turn. (Hardcore: every second turn)

You are not prepared!
- Forgo all starting items. (Hardcore: do not pick up or gain any common items or spells during the game)

Achievements -

Pacifist
- Completed the campaign without attacking any monsters unless required to complete the scenario.

Monster hunter
- Killed all monsters that spawn before completing the scenario.

Pyromaniac
- Set fire to the scenario and end the game with at least half of the available squares on fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eery Petrol
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are two challenges based on how I used to play the game because I misunderstood the rules.

Dread mode: replace the end-of-mythos-phase horror check with the following: suffer horror damage equal to the horror number on the top of the monster token. Will negates. This simplifies the horror checks and makes them tough as nails.

Prey mode: A move action can only move your character one space. A push action does not let you move your own character after the push. This makes it impossible to outrun most monsters.

I have managed to win the game with both modes on simultaneously (unknowingly at the time). But mostly lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.