Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Gilutin
United States
Alhambra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone find that you're using workers a lot more in the card game than the dice game?
Frustrated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apecage wrote:
Does anyone find that you're using workers a lot more in the card game than the dice game?
Frustrated.

Quite obviously! You have much less choices to pick from so you have to adapt your dice. However, while picking workers in the original game is one of the last (and in general maybe worst) actions, I noticed that in the cardgame it just belongs to usual gameplay. It is still good if you can get along without them, but it is more unlikely. And it is normal that the other players also need to do the same. So no frustration here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pasvik wrote:
apecage wrote:
Frustrated.

Quite obviously! You have much less choices to pick from so you have to adapt your dice. However, while picking workers in the original game is one of the last (and in general maybe worst) actions, I noticed that in the cardgame it just belongs to usual gameplay. It is still good if you can get along without them, but it is more unlikely. And it is normal that the other players also need to do the same. So no frustration here.

That's what I like about the card version: You can't apply exactly the same strategy as in the board game. It's simpler and plays faster with enough differences to have both.

It would have probably been better to put the game into a different setting to avoid the obvious head to head comparison. Having said that, it's not meant to be CoB 2.0 which I get the feeling a lot expect it to be when I read through the comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.