4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Design Queries and Problems

Subject: Help to find proper company rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Re Far
msg tools
Hi all!

I designed a card game and I want to use brochure for rules. I used bridge size for my cards. Now I am looking for a company to be able do both means bridge size cards and a brochure that be fit with the bridge size. Do you know any one? This company is better to be in Canada. But in other places is good too. I am really appreciate with any help

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many copies are you thinking about printing? Less than 10? Around 100? Around 1000? More?

I've used The Game Crafter for making prototypes to playtest, and for pitching to publishers. You can sell directly through their site, but I haven't done that myself. They're based in Madison, WI, USA. They can print your cards, your rules, and a custom tuckbox for the game. They can do medium-large print runs, but I've only used them for 10 or less.

DriveThruCards is what some of my collegues have used for print runs for 10 to 100 (they can do larger). They also let you set up your game to be sold as print-on-demand. I've not used them for either service, but have received games they've produced, and have liked the quality. I don't know for sure if they will print rules, but I know they will produce cards and tuckboxes. I believe they're also based in Wisconsin, USA.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Board Game
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
toon_ace wrote:
How many copies are you thinking about printing? Less than 10? Around 100? Around 1000? More?

I've used The Game Crafter for making prototypes to playtest, and for pitching to publishers. You can sell directly through their site, but I haven't done that myself. They're based in Madison, WI, USA. They can print your cards, your rules, and a custom tuckbox for the game. They can do medium-large print runs, but I've only used them for 10 or less.

DriveThruCards is what some of my collegues have used for print runs for 10 to 100 (they can do larger). They also let you set up your game to be sold as print-on-demand. I've not used them for either service, but have received games they've produced, and have liked the quality. I don't know for sure if they will print rules, but I know they will produce cards and tuckboxes. I believe they're also based in Wisconsin, USA.

Hope that helps!

When did Drive-Thru start doing tuck boxes? I was under the impression they only had those telescoping clear plastic boxes. I've ordered 2 games from them, neither of which came with a tuck box, nor do I remember that ever being an option. That's why I don't buy from them. If I got tuck boxes, I might consider it.

I would recommend printplaygames.com run by Andrew Tulsen for prototyping. He's a member here at BGG and a big supporter of designers here as well. His prices are reasonable, and his work is good. You can get pretty much anything you want there. He can make a great professional looking prototype or something quick and dirty. Turn around times are great.

The company that recently acquired Andrew's company is AdMagic. From what I understand they do pretty small print runs. They are the people who print Card's Against Humanity. I'm not sure they would do anything less than 500 but you should contact them to find out. Both Andrew and AdMagic are fairly active on the forums here.

I Have experience with Printer's Studio as well, they offer fast turn around. I can't speak to the quality of their tuck boxes, because the games I've printed their for have all been more cards than I would want to try to fit in tuck boxes, but their card quality is top notch.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any Canadian Printers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't used DTC myself, but when I checked, I saw their link about tuckboxes, posted May 25th [of this year] -- https://onebookshelfpublisherservice.zendesk.com/entries/994... -- granted, it's only for high-volume (e.g.: 50 decks of 100 cards), but it's an option.

I too was pleased with Printer's Studio, but only used them once -- I liked the quality, turn-around time, and ease of setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.