Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the not too distant future, my retirement is calling me to the Gulf Coast. Bay St. Louis is in the running and I'm wondering what the gaming scene in that area is.

I am a gamer first, enjoying both wargames and euros, and would, ideally, like to find a group (or groups) that plays both.

Thanks in advance, hope to get some good info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't scared everyone away, have I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ from Board Game Gumbo

Lafayette
Louisiana
msg tools
www.boardgamegumbo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
brandysta wrote:
I haven't scared everyone away, have I?

South Mississippi has a great gaming scene for its size of population. McNarb Gaming in Gauthier has some very active players who are big in the local Con scene. They runs lots of events there, too. You are only an hour from good gaming in New Irleans and a little further from Hattiesburg, home to McNarb's sister store, Top Tier Gaming. Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent to know. Thank you for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Huckabee
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob,

I live in Gulfport Mississippi and run a weekly board game night at Dark Knights Gaming in Long Beach (about 20 minutes from Bay St Louis). I also do board game demos on the weekends at Dark Knights & maCnarB.

We have a great lending library (700+ games) that travels to the local conventions and coordinates demos and play-to-win games.

There is a group SMG Wargaming which is part of the Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance also.

Steve Huckabee
Gulf Coast Gaming Events President
Envoy Ambassador
Steve Jackson Cell Leader

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steve,

Excellent to know!

Do you mind if I send you an email at some point to pick your brain on a few things?

I'm really looking forward to what the next few years are going to bring!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.