Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than component style, additional helper bits (e.g. destination markers), the misprinted russet 909 Zurich tile, and the rulebook errata, are there any differences between the original 1844 and the reprint? Were there any game play changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Berry
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nitpicking: I think it was the russet Z tile that was changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Burnett-Hall
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some changes to the east and west edges of the map, which is now 29 columns wide instead of 35 in the original version. I suspect that these were made so that it fits on the same shape board as 1854.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daveberry wrote:
Nitpicking: I think it was the russet Z tile that was changed.

You're right, I will edit my original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ollybh wrote:
There are some changes to the east and west edges of the map, which is now 29 columns wide instead of 35 in the original version. I suspect that these were made so that it fits on the same shape board as 1854.

Here is the new map:

And here is the old map:

In the west, it appears to me that the changes are merely graphic presentation - no game change.

In the east, the two red off board areas have been merged and the mountain is closer. I've never seen anyone build to that area of the original board. It seems likely that players will occasionally build to the east on the new board, but I suspect this will have minimal game play impact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Childs
msg tools
The Oberalp tile is a hex longer and the village at the east end was moved as a result?

A city got compressed out of existence near the eastern part of the Milano off map area (L something, between Como & Bellizona)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jchilds72 wrote:
The Oberalp tile is a hex longer and the village at the east end was moved as a result?

A city got compressed out of existence near the eastern part of the Milano off map area (L something, between Como & Bellizona)?

Good catches. The Oberlap tile makes building that connection easier, by reducing the number of builds needed by one. The missing city near the FNM starting area might actually have some game effects too. Both of those are potentially fairly significant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCat wrote:
Other than component style, additional helper bits (e.g. destination markers), the misprinted russet 909 Zurich tile, and the rulebook errata, are there any differences between the original 1844 and the reprint? Were there any game play changes?

Just to clarify--according to that linked 909 tile thread, it is not a misprint, but rather a change intended by the designer to further restrict track placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.