Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » General

Subject: Loophole for Europe? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any forwarding company or something like that which would allow us Europeans to order this game to Europe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bear in mind this is just a guess because I haven't seen the contract, but regional restrictions are placed on the manufacturer/distributor. Its unusual (but not impossible) for those restrictions to trickle down to the reseller. I know that Cool Stuff will ship to Europe, so its likely you could order the game from them. That said, you should probably contact them to verify before placing an order. (If you don't want to go through Cool Stuff, somewhere on the BGG Secret Santa FAQ there is a list of US stores that ship international.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd wager you could find someone coming to Essen Spiel from the U.S. who would bring one with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, the shipping costs are outrageous and you have to pay import duty and taxes as well. So hopefully a European publisher will pick it up or Amazon Europe will have some copies in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out their tweet here:
https://twitter.com/USAopoly/status/761995920686850048

Winning Moves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hall
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Winning moves and this was their reply -

"This hasn’t been confirmed yet, and I would imagine if we do take the license it won’t be until next year."

So we're not likely to be seeing this in the UK anytime soon! If any USA or Canadian gamer out there is making the short transatlantic trip to Essen this year and fancies packing me a copy in their case deop me a PM! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sinden
United Kingdom
Twickenham
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the same question and have had this back ...

Hi James,
Can you confirm where you've heard this? We've had a few emails now mentioning the same thing below, but my colleagues in licensing confirmed we will have nothing to do with this. Just curious where everyone has heard this from!

Thank you,
Lisa

Looks like it could be a case of the USA publishers jumping the gun with this... Hopefully some company in Europe picks this up else will be a lot of frustrated gamers here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now this appears to be released in the US, is there any news on it being available elsewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just knowing if the game will be at Spiel would be nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Phil Andiel
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Travahar wrote:
Just knowing if the game will be at Spiel would be nice

yeah I would be highly interested as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered from amazon.com but they now only have more expensive third party sellers listed. It might be worth watching there to see if it comes back in stock though.

It did work out quite expensive with shipping and import taxes (about 50 quid) so I could end up regretting not being able to wait if it suddenly appears at a reasonable price in Europe, but at least I'm getting a copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
planetm wrote:
It did work out quite expensive with shipping and import taxes (about 50 quid) so I could end up regretting not being able to wait if it suddenly appears at a reasonable price in Europe, but at least I'm getting a copy

Regardless of shipping $50+ puts it in that price range where I want to play it at least once before buying it.

USAopoly isn't on the [url="http://www.merz-verlag-en.com/uploads/2/1/4/0/21405396/vk-aussteller_homepage.pdf"]exhibitor list[/url] though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Travahar wrote:
planetm wrote:

Regardless of shipping $50+ puts it in that price range where I want to play it at least once before buying it.

USAopoly isn't on the [url="http://www.merz-verlag-en.com/uploads/2/1/4/0/21405396/vk-aussteller_homepage.pdf"]exhibitor list[/url] though.

Just to be clear "50 quid" is slang for £50, so it was about US$65 delivered if I remember correctly! As I said, quite expensive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if anybody else just can't wait, and would rather pay through the nose than hope it's available cheaper at Essen or anywhere else in Europe soon: This is back in stock at amazon.com. As I write this the price is "$44.35 + $25.61 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to United Kingdom", so you need to be happy to pay about $70 to get it! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Heap
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
planetm wrote:
I preordered from amazon.com but they now only have more expensive third party sellers listed. It might be worth watching there to see if it comes back in stock though.

It did work out quite expensive with shipping and import taxes (about 50 quid) so I could end up regretting not being able to wait if it suddenly appears at a reasonable price in Europe, but at least I'm getting a copy :)

I must admit I'm hurt you didn't tell me about this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Heap
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sucklead wrote:
planetm wrote:

It did work out quite expensive with shipping and import taxes (about 50 quid) so I could end up regretting not being able to wait if it suddenly appears at a reasonable price in Europe, but at least I'm getting a copy :)

As I got one for $71 and discovered I've had a $15 gift certificate I got for some random survey that has been on there for years I will forgive you :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sucklead wrote:
sucklead wrote:
planetm wrote:

As I got one for $71 and discovered I've had a $15 gift certificate I got for some random survey that has been on there for years I will forgive you

Apologies! I did play through the first game with the kids tonight and they loved it, sure you'll like it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Heap
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
planetm wrote:
sucklead wrote:
sucklead wrote:
planetm wrote:

As I got one for $71 and discovered I've had a $15 gift certificate I got for some random survey that has been on there for years I will forgive you :D

Apologies! I did play through the first game with the kids tonight and they loved it, sure you'll like it too.

Ah brilliant I'm sure Beth will love it :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.