Subject: Massive Darkness harder plastic?!?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Willis
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
At Gen Con I saw the displayed Massive Darkness minis and they looked awesome. They also looked to be the harder GW-type plastic (like in Silver Tower) rather than the softer, Zombicide-style plastic. I talked to a CMON rep to confirm this and he said he thought those were production plastics but wasn't sure. It didn't look like resins like the Rising Sun minis did.

Sure hoping for the harder plastic for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unsweet_Casey wrote:
At Gen Con I saw the displayed Massive Darkness minis and they looked awesome. They also looked to be the harder GW-type plastic (like in Silver Tower) rather than the softer, Zombicide-style plastic. I talked to a CMON rep to confirm this and he said he thought those were production plastics but wasn't sure. It didn't look like resins like the Rising Sun minis did.

Sure hoping for the harder plastic for this game.

I doubt if it's ABS, or styrene injection molded plastic, honestly.
I would wager it's the same PVC, just with more plasticizer in it, thus making the plastic stiffer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normal process of producing plastic miniature is as follows:

Send the original sculpt to the mould maker.
The mould maker makes a Master Mold.
From the Master Mold the mould maker will make a few “Masters”.
From the Masters he will make the Production Mold.
From the Production Mold he will “cast” the minis.

What you saw was probably the highlighted step. I doubt they would have final production miniatures available on display this early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.