Subject: New game. Very unsure on what's next. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste M
msg tools
Hi,
I wanna buy a new game.
I am very unsure of what to buy next.
This is the link to my collection: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Stefano1234?subtyp...

We usually play in 4 ppl.
The option are:

Zombicide black plague
PRO
hack and slash, light theme coop
CONS
many ppl says that's too easy (maybe better zombicide s3)
I am not a fun of a bad engine controlled monster (I disliked mice and mystic)

Viticulture essential ed
PRO
It's an euro game middle heavy, it has from what i've understand all the best plus of tuscany ed
CONS
Maybe I've already caverna as worker placement
Food chain Magnate
PRO
I think is innovative and very cutthroath (more than viticulture)
CONS
milestone hold me back
Scythe
PRO
The mix of mechanics is interesting
CONS
I've read that it's very tight driven game by what's your starting condition is
Scythe
PRO
The mix of mechanics is interesting
CONS
I've read that it's very tight driven game by what's your starting condition is
Agricola
PRO
More cutthroat than caverna
CONS
Same itches than caverna
Alchemist

Also:
What mechanic my collection is missing?
What some game similar to Kingdom death Monster (settlement building and so on)

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ofiesh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I didn't see any tile-placement mechanics there. Maybe that doesn't interest your group. Too bad, Castles of Mad King Ludwig is a great game.

From your list, I'd say Scythe is the most unlike the others but I think you might enjoy Viticulture Essential Edition more easily. It would be easier to teach as the asymmetry of the boards for Scythe can confuse people in the first few plays and leave them feeling less successful. Conversely, everyone I've taught Viticulture to feel they can follow by the end of the first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i can't comment on all of them, but here goes:

Scythe: this is my pick for you from the list you've suggested if you'd like to explore something with a bit of conflict. It's definitely an efficiency game, but the combat (or threat of it) forces players out of pure engine building. Beautiful game with solid mechanisms.

Viticulture: also a very good game, and a good pick if you are just looking for another worker placement euro. Other than excellent theme integration, and nice components there is not much new here though. For something that is worker placement but offers something a little different and innovative, I would suggest Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar

Alchemists: good game. If you enjoy some deduction and worker placement this is another solid choice. Beware that the odd combination of deduction, guessing/ bluffing and a tight economy is a tough one and takes some getting used to. I didn't like it at first but now I quite like it.

Agricola: scratch this off your list. It's redundant to have this and Caverna.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.