Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K R
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Size comparision

The "expansions" that come in the deluxe version. They are the same that came in the base game.

More cards, dice and tokens. (Honestly not a fan of the dice or the tokens at all)

Insert Trays. These are made of the same plastic as the original Mayfair insert. They do stack and also the way they are designed do help with getting the cards out of them. Not sure when everything is closed and standing upright if what is in the top trays will stay.

Promos that can in the game. I believe some of these have been hard to find.

In sort this has everything that the original base game had. I didn't insert a picture of some of the cards as they are the same as the previous version. The difference is that this one has some promo cards you had to either buy separately or that were very hard to find. The other differences are the insert trays which are better, the dice are a different color and the two tokens are made of different material. That's about it, oh and the size of the box.

I have also submitted these for the gallery. I am not sure if they are the correct size but wanted to give people a look into what they are getting. We went ahead and go this one as the insert is better and it has more room to store the other two expansions that are NOT included in this set. Personally I like the dice and tokens from my previous set, so I may end up switching them.

I'm not on much so if you comment on here, don't be surprised if it takes me a little while to get back to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there. Thanks for the photos and write up.

So are the true expansions from the last version (The Rivals for Catan: Age of Darkness and The Rivals for Catan: Age of Enlightenment) not included in this set? That was the impression I got when I heard it was being announced. That it included ALL of that material in one box, with promos and the card holders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the specifics. I was about to email Catan for a list of the promo cards. Seems like the only one not included in the Deluxe edition is Die Fürsten von Catan: Sonderkarte 2015 – Teilnahme am Big Game

It also seems that the separate expansions listed above are NOT included in the deluxe edition, just the 'expansions' which came in the base set

Do you know of those expansions (Age of Darkness & Enlightenment) are still compatible with this deluxe edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes they are compatible and the box is great for storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Phebus
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding promos: I just now looked at the Catan website. Only four promos are available there. There may be other sources that make promos available, but I personally picked up 5 new promos by purchasing the Deluxe version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.