$30.00
Geoff Graham CheeseViking Games
United States
Hockley
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hare and Tortoise links in my collection links to Around the World in 80 days game page...but still has the Hare and Tortoise description

Insert Geek Link for Hare and Tortoise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheeseviking wrote:
Hare and Tortoise links in my collection links to Around the World in 80 days game page...but still has the Hare and Tortoise description

Believe it or not, it's not a bug.... but it *is* a mistake in my opinion. Here's a running discussion of it in the game page:

Hare and Tortoise renamed to Around the World in 80 Days?

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
this is the name of the new English Version
that will be Premiering at SPIEL'16 in Essen

N/A

from Naming Conventions
Quote:
Games that have multiple English releases are generally listed by the name of the most-recent English Release. Other release names should be added to the Alternate Name field.

there will also be a French version N/A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Evil Stargate wrote:
this is the name of the new English Version
that will be Premiering at SPIEL'16 in Essen

Hi, Bob. I can't figure out from the FAQs whether new themes make new entries anymore or not. (I've been somewhat nomadic for a year, so I haven't kept up.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
EWM split the entries minutes ago, so I think that answers my question.

Edit: fixed link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Graham CheeseViking Games
United States
Hockley
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Gambiteer wrote:
cheeseviking wrote:

Believe it or not, it's not a bug.... but it *is* a mistake in my opinion. Here's a running discussion of it in the game page:

shake

Wow that is really confusing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheeseviking wrote:
Gambiteer wrote:
cheeseviking wrote:

shake

Wow that is really confusing

It's fixed now! A command decision was made and Around the World in 80 Days now has a separate page from Hare & Tortoise, noting that the new game is a reimplementation of the previous game.

thumbsup

I think this is quite reasonable, as I read and understand the several differences between the games. In fact, as I am a longtime fan of Hare & Tortoise, there's a very good chance that I will acquire the new one someday as well, since it really is a bit different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.