7 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Game font rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Time Traveler
msg tools
Hi Everyone.

I'm creating a cardlist in Excel which includes the gametext from the cards.

Does anyone know which font to use that includes all the symbols for willpower, threath, attack and defense, as well as the symbols for leadership, tactics, spirit and lore?

It would also be fine if the font included all the symbols for the different encounter sets, and maybe even the icons of all sets and expansions as found in the lower-right corner next to the cardnumber.

Preferably all in the same font, but it's fine for me if I have to install an additional for it.

Maybe, if there is enough interest for it and I can get it well documented, I will publish the database when it's finished, so you can use it to keep track of your own cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernardo Gonzalez
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brooks
United Kingdom
Shoeburyness
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmb
I actually struggle to read the flavour text of the quest cards so the ability to read it without the coloured background would be perfect for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Time Traveler
msg tools
Droogy wrote:
I actually struggle to read the flavour text of the quest cards so the ability to read it without the coloured background would be perfect for me

At the moment my database doesn't include the flavour text yet, and I use conditional lay-out to automatically color the fields according to sphere, card-type etc...

But maybe if everything else is finished, I might consider to add flavour text too, and post a black/white version of it too, so that might be helpful for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need the flavor for the player cards, there is the database used by www.ringdb.com, at https://github.com/Sydtrack/ringsdb (file card-data.sql).

For the icons the www.lotrlcg.com and www.ringsdb.com use CSS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time traveler wrote:

Does anyone know which font to use that includes all the symbols for willpower, threath, attack and defense, as well as the symbols for leadership, tactics, spirit and lore?

It's highly unlikely these icons were pulled from an existing font. They were probably custom created for the game (if nothing else so that FFG could trademark them, and prevent a competitor from using the same iconography in their card game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danilopatro wrote:
If you need the flavor for the player cards, there is the database used by www.ringdb.com, at https://github.com/Sydtrack/ringsdb (file card-data.sql).

For the icons the www.lotrlcg.com and www.ringsdb.com use CSS.

And for offline use: http://eric.minet.free.fr/lotrbuilder/index.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.