Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card states:

Quote:
Play if The Balrog of Moria is in play.

Activate the Balrog. The Level of the Balrog is 2 when he is active. If the Balrog is already active, you may instead move or attack with an army including the Balrog, or move the Balrog alone.

The Balrog is eliminated if it is not in Moria when it becomes inactive.

It is stated that when the Balrog is activated he becomes level 2. As far as I understand it, this means that when I use a character die he counts as a character with a movement of 2 for all intents and purposes and that I can move him along with all of the other (Lesser or otherwise) Minions, including all of the Nazgûl too. Why would I ever want to spend an entire character die to just move the Balrog two spaces, forfeiting the option to move every other single character on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
The card states:

Quote:

Activate the Balrog. The Level of the Balrog is 2 when he is active. If the Balrog is already active, you may instead move or attack with an army including the Balrog, or move the Balrog alone.

It is stated that when the Balrog is activated he becomes level 2. As far as I understand it, this means that when I use a character die he counts as a character with a movement of 2 for all intents and purposes and that I can move him along with all of the other (Lesser or otherwise) Minions, including all of the Nazgûl too. Why would I ever want to spend an entire character die to just move the Balrog two spaces, forfeiting the option to move every other single character on the board?

If you are using the card just to move the Balrog it's not very efficient. But, you can play the card with a Palantir, so you aren't necessarily forfeiting the option to move other minions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamjimby wrote:
Sargeras777 wrote:
The card states:

Quote:

If you are using the card just to move the Balrog it's not very efficient. But, you can play the card with a Palantir, so you aren't necessarily forfeiting the option to move other minions.

Aaah the Palantir...how didn't that come to mind...

So it's kind of a "if you really don't want to draw a card and don't have anything better to play and have no character dice / need them for something else and you want to move the Balrog" rare situation?

Good that they though of it; the more you play, the more Ares Games surprises of all the things that had come to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
Aaah the Palantir...how didn't that come to mind...

So it's kind of a "if you really don't want to draw a card and don't have anything better to play and have no character dice / need them for something else and you want to move the Balrog" rare situation?

Good that they though of it; the more you play, the more Ares Games surprises of all the things that had come to mind.

Yeah exactly. It's still not great, but then quite a few cards are very situational. I find I rarely get to use most of the LOME event cards. Even most of the combat effects seem quite restrictive IIRC.

But I do believe that in the right situation they can also be very strong - at least the Shadow ones. I'm not as familiar with the FP ones since Wifey nearly always gets to play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.