Subject: What???? Kickstarter Shipped by Amazon...today??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an email at 3:07am today stating "Far off Games" has shipped my Xia, legends of a drift system. Here's the thing...I Kickstarted it with the expansion just recently.

WHAT?!?!? Can someone explain what just happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
The last update said that the base game is shipping separately now due to being economically a better choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja myself...just saw Cody's update.

Question: will the second edition printing contain any updates Vs. the one we're receiving now?

EDIT: I do understand the cost of surplus, I just hope what Amazon isn't doing is Shipping unsold U.S. surplus while the updated edition is printed and shipped with the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Davies
United States
Portland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LAST KICKSTARTER UPDATE

Hello! This short update is for those of you in the USA who've pledged for a copy of the BASE GAME.

Because of Amazon storage policy, Base Games ordered in the USA shipping out now.
Because of Amazon storage policy, Base Games ordered in the USA shipping out now.

Because Amazon has recently let me know of their long-term storage policy, it has become advantageous for me to ship out your copies of the BASE GAME now, rather than wait until the expansion is ready to ship along with them.

You should receive a shipping notification email from Amazon soon!

This announcement does not affect anyone outside of the United States.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks! -Cody

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What second edition printing? There isn't a second edition.

All copies after the first batch from KS have thinner shipmats to combat the warping that some people experience. There are no other differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calinor wrote:
What second edition printing? There isn't a second edition.

All copies after the first batch from KS have thinner shipmats to combat the warping that some people experience. There are no other differences.

That's what I Kickstarted (thinner mats). Is that what I'm getting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you find an original KS copy for sale... all copies now have thinner mats. So that's what you're getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calinor wrote:
Unless you find an original KS copy for sale... all copies now have thinner mats. So that's what you're getting.

I see, thought it was a change with the expansion KS. Thanks for the info.

Had I realized that, I probably would've just scooped up the base and did the KS for the expansion. Looks like dumb luck (and the evil Amazon empire) brings me the base game early!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm glad it worked out this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Calinor wrote:

Had I realized that, I probably would've just scooped up the base and did the KS for the expansion. Looks like dumb luck (and the evil Amazon empire) brings me the base game early!

Haha! Yeah, just making it official for anyone reading, yes - the currently shipping version is the exact same as what's going to ship alongside the Expansion for those outside the US.

Cheers, -Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Calinor wrote:

Cody specifically said somewhere that the base game will not contain any errata or anything like that in the next printing. He wanted it to keep uniformity between printings. Errata and such will be in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.