Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noneya Bidness
United States
Middletown
New York
flag msg tools
Encounters: Shadowrun

Comes with a rule book and a Guide to the Sixth World, a book about the Shadowrun world.

5 City Card Screens

10 Corporation cards

40 Shadowrunners

74 Encounters

6 red dice and 2 black

Nu-yen (money) for purchasing Shadowrunners and scoring

Plays 2 to 8 players with optional rules for solo play

Players start with one Shadowrunner (Runner) each and a corporation card. You can use either to effect your dice rolls or the rolls of your opponents depending on their special powers. Runners can be used for free but to retain them you have to pay their cost. Corp special powers cost 2 Nu-yen. Runners can also be used to prevent the City effects from happening or change the City altogether.

Before each encounter a player may chose to purchase a runner. If the value of the runner is 2NY then they must purchase the runner, if it's more they can purchase or discard the runner.

The game begins as the active player flips over the first encounter. They then roll dice to match the numerical value of the encounter. They must match exactly. Those dice are locked. Continue until all dice are locked or they have failed the mission. If all dice are locked you can begin a second column.

The first column is worth one Nu-yen per card, the second two Nu-yen per card and so one. If you can't match the numerical value of a encounter you turn ends and you get no points. You can quit before this point and score only the cards you've matched.

I haven't played many (any?) press your luck games (does Elder Sign count?) so I don't know how unique this is but I enjoyed it. Once you have the rules down (there are a few more) it takes about 20 to 30 minutes. It's not a great game but a nice little filler. It may have more charm once I've played it a few more times. Looking forward to more experienced gamers weighting in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.