Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
54 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Hilarious.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Working_for_Putin [+] [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Compilation of media blatantly showing their bias. On the left at least.
If you can find a comparable thing from the other side, do it. I am sure it would be just as funny.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8285/nine-minutes-cnn-cutting-...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Quote:
Two days after a terrorist’s father was spotted behind Hillary Clinton at a Florida speech, Donald Trump appeared in the Sunshine State and criticized her for the bad optics.

But there was one big irony that undermined Trump's message: Disgraced former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley — accused in 2006 of making sexual advances toward congressional pages — was sitting behind Trump the entire time.

Democrats pounced and demanded the news media highlight Foley just as reporters had pressed Clinton for an explanation as to how the father of Omar Mateen wound up in the crowd behind her as the cameras rolled.

"A certain campaign made a big deal about how campaigns must vet everyone who attends events. And then let in an alleged pedophile. Sad!" Eric Jotkoff, a Florida Democratic consultant tweeted, mocking Trump’s style of social media posts.

Trump’s criticisms of Clinton on Wednesday couldn’t have been better scripted by the Clinton campaign, which spent a day ducking questions about Mateen’s father before she disavowed him. Seddique Mateen, whose son gunned down 49 people at an Orlando nightclub in June, told a reporter at Monday's event in Kissimmee that he supported Clinton.

At his rally Wednesday, Trump drew attention to the crowd behind him by saying, “The people behind me. They're all on television. They're going to be famous … Wasn't it terrible when the father of the animal that killed the wonderful people in Orlando was sitting with a big smile on his face right behind Hillary Clinton?"

As he spoke, Trump slightly turned and pointed in the general direction of Foley, who was sitting in almost the same spot relative to Trump that Seddique Mateen occupied during Clinton’s speech.

“How many of you people know me? A lot of you people know me,” Trump said as a number of hands went up, including Foley’s.

MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts caught up with Foley after the event and asked him if he planned to vote for Trump, whose Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach bordered Foley’s old West Palm Beach-based congressional district.

“Yes,” Foley told Roberts. “He’s been a friend of mine for 30 years and [was] one of my biggest contributors.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/mark-foley-donald-trum...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:


Quote:
Two days after a terrorist’s father was spotted behind Hillary Clinton at a Florida speech, Donald Trump appeared in the Sunshine State and criticized her for the bad optics.

But there was one big irony that undermined Trump's message: Disgraced former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley — accused in 2006 of making sexual advances toward congressional pages — was sitting behind Trump the entire time.

Democrats pounced and demanded the news media highlight Foley just as reporters had pressed Clinton for an explanation as to how the father of Omar Mateen wound up in the crowd behind her as the cameras rolled.

"A certain campaign made a big deal about how campaigns must vet everyone who attends events. And then let in an alleged pedophile. Sad!" Eric Jotkoff, a Florida Democratic consultant tweeted, mocking Trump’s style of social media posts.

Trump’s criticisms of Clinton on Wednesday couldn’t have been better scripted by the Clinton campaign, which spent a day ducking questions about Mateen’s father before she disavowed him. Seddique Mateen, whose son gunned down 49 people at an Orlando nightclub in June, told a reporter at Monday's event in Kissimmee that he supported Clinton.

At his rally Wednesday, Trump drew attention to the crowd behind him by saying, “The people behind me. They're all on television. They're going to be famous … Wasn't it terrible when the father of the animal that killed the wonderful people in Orlando was sitting with a big smile on his face right behind Hillary Clinton?"

As he spoke, Trump slightly turned and pointed in the general direction of Foley, who was sitting in almost the same spot relative to Trump that Seddique Mateen occupied during Clinton’s speech.

“How many of you people know me? A lot of you people know me,” Trump said as a number of hands went up, including Foley’s.

MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts caught up with Foley after the event and asked him if he planned to vote for Trump, whose Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach bordered Foley’s old West Palm Beach-based congressional district.

“Yes,” Foley told Roberts. “He’s been a friend of mine for 30 years and [was] one of my biggest contributors.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/mark-foley-donald-trum...


Sense.... You make none as usual.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Sense.... You make none as usual.

The first paragraph in your linked OP:

Quote:
having the father of the terrorist responsible for the worst attack since 9/11 sitting behind her at a recent rally

Trump ran with that, but as he was railing against Hillary, he had Foley sitting behind him and he even waived. Apparently they are old friends.

You know who Foley is, right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:


So Trump supports gay rights ? I don't understand why this is so shameful. Also "disgraced" ? really ? I doubt that would hold much water today. I assume Mark Foley was booted because it a was time when the GOP was gay shaming. It appears now the left is doing the gay shaming.

Oh ! is this that magical shift you kids are always talking about where the party's switch sides and all the gay haters joined the democrats ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jmilum wrote:


So Trump supports gay rights ? I don't understand why this is so shameful. Also "disgraced" ? really ? I doubt that would hold much water today. I assume Mark Foley was booted because it a was time when the GOP was gay shaming. It appears now the left is doing the gay shaming.

Oh ! is this that magical shift you kids are always talking about where the party's switch sides and all the gay haters joined the democrats ?
No, sexual advances towards a minor would be.

You do understand what "consulting adult" means?

Trump is (using your logic) supporting pedo rights.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I assume Mark Foley was booted because it a was time when the GOP was gay shaming.

Oh, you don't think it could have been making sexual advances to underage children? That part was ok? Interesting...
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:


Quote:
Two days after a terrorist’s father was spotted behind Hillary Clinton at a Florida speech, Donald Trump appeared in the Sunshine State and criticized her for the bad optics.

But there was one big irony that undermined Trump's message: Disgraced former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley — accused in 2006 of making sexual advances toward congressional pages — was sitting behind Trump the entire time.

Democrats pounced and demanded the news media highlight Foley just as reporters had pressed Clinton for an explanation as to how the father of Omar Mateen wound up in the crowd behind her as the cameras rolled.

"A certain campaign made a big deal about how campaigns must vet everyone who attends events. And then let in an alleged pedophile. Sad!" Eric Jotkoff, a Florida Democratic consultant tweeted, mocking Trump’s style of social media posts.

Trump’s criticisms of Clinton on Wednesday couldn’t have been better scripted by the Clinton campaign, which spent a day ducking questions about Mateen’s father before she disavowed him. Seddique Mateen, whose son gunned down 49 people at an Orlando nightclub in June, told a reporter at Monday's event in Kissimmee that he supported Clinton.

At his rally Wednesday, Trump drew attention to the crowd behind him by saying, “The people behind me. They're all on television. They're going to be famous … Wasn't it terrible when the father of the animal that killed the wonderful people in Orlando was sitting with a big smile on his face right behind Hillary Clinton?"

As he spoke, Trump slightly turned and pointed in the general direction of Foley, who was sitting in almost the same spot relative to Trump that Seddique Mateen occupied during Clinton’s speech.

“How many of you people know me? A lot of you people know me,” Trump said as a number of hands went up, including Foley’s.

MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts caught up with Foley after the event and asked him if he planned to vote for Trump, whose Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach bordered Foley’s old West Palm Beach-based congressional district.

“Yes,” Foley told Roberts. “He’s been a friend of mine for 30 years and [was] one of my biggest contributors.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/mark-foley-donald-trum...


Mark Foley was arranging the boy soire for Trump and his backers following the speech. After he got them all greezed up, he took a seat and rested his feet.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jmilum wrote:


So Trump supports gay rights ? I don't understand why this is so shameful. Also "disgraced" ? really ? I doubt that would hold much water today. I assume Mark Foley was booted because it a was time when the GOP was gay shaming. It appears now the left is doing the gay shaming.

Oh ! is this that magical shift you kids are always talking about where the party's switch sides and all the gay haters joined the democrats ?


No, he supports pedophilia and taking advantage of underage boys. Mark Foley is heading that campaign himself.

The disgrace is that he broke a law, not that he is gay. Nice dilution and deflection of the truth.

Oh, but that's your speci-al-ity.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jmilum wrote:


So Trump supports gay rights ? I don't understand why this is so shameful. Also "disgraced" ? really ? I doubt that would hold much water today. I assume Mark Foley was booted because it a was time when the GOP was gay shaming. It appears now the left is doing the gay shaming.

Oh ! is this that magical shift you kids are always talking about where the party's switch sides and all the gay haters joined the democrats ?



In 2005, Foley sent five e-mails to a 16-year-old former page from Monroe, Louisiana. Among other things, Foley asked for a photo of the page, his age and birthday, and what he wanted for a birthday present. Foley observed that another male page (to whom he had also written) was "in really great shape... i am just finished riding my bike on a 25 mile journey..."

Foley e-mailed one page with an invitation to stay at the congressman's home in exchange for oral sex. The page, who was 17 years old at the time, declined the offer. The same report stated that he e-mailed another with a request for a photograph of his erect penis. Another former page reported that he saw sexually explicit e-mails sent to one page from his page class of 2001-2002, and learned of "three or four" pages from that class who received similar e-mails.

After the initial story on the e-mails, other pages contacted ABC and The Washington Post, providing transcripts of sexually explicit instant messaging (IM) conversations from 2003 that Foley had with two pages who were under the age of 18 at the time.



So, I guess I'm wondering why you support adults who stalk and suggest molestation of underage children? Why do you support a Presidential Candidate that would be within 100 miles of this dude?

9 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
So Trump supports gay rights?

If that statement wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.

Unlike the Congressman, there is no indication the father of the Orlando shooter had been involved in any way with his son's actions, nor did he support them. So do we shun the families of criminals and killers? Christian of you, Jeremy, quite Christian.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy Cobert Gets Schooled About How Donald Trump Has Cozied Up With Anti-Gay Bigots & Why Pedophile Mark Foley Left Congress In Disgrace


jeremycobert wrote:
jmilum wrote:

So Trump supports gay rights? I don't understand why this is so shameful.

Only Trump does NOT genuinely support gay rights. After this week, that notion has now officially and irreparably gone down in flames like the Hindenburg.





And here's why.


> Excerpts from the August 9, 2016 Right Wing Watch news story by Peter Montgomery entitled:

Desperate Donald Trump Seeks Stronger Support From Christian Nationalists

As his poll numbers plummet, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is doing everything he can to boost enthusiasm for his candidacy among Religious Right leaders and the conservative white evangelical voters who make up an important part of the GOP’s political base.

Trump promised the hundreds of conservative evangelical leaders he met with in June that he would make the Christian Right more politically powerful by doing away with legal restrictions on overt politicking by churches. This week Trump will reportedly be pushing that plan as he heads down the well-trod path to the far corners of Christian nationalism.

Trump’s outreach has already gone well beyond Bible-waving and not-very-convincing scripture-quoting. Trump let Religious Right leaders write an anti-LGBT party platform and he's promised them the Supreme Court of their dreams. He picked as his running mate Mike Pence, an anti-abortion and anti-LGBT extremist who was the Religious Right’s favored 2012 Presidential candidate before he decided to run for governor instead. Trump has even suggested that somehow he’d make people and merchants to say, “Merry Christmas” and outlaw "Happy Holidays".

Now, according to news reports, Trump will be joining former foe Marco Rubio and a bevy of anti-gay speakers at a "Rediscovering God in America" event in Florida this week sponsored by David Lane’s American Renewal Project.



David Lane of the American Renewal Project

Lane has been organizing these political matchmaking sessions for two decades, bringing Republican politicians together with evangelical pastors who Lane hopes will transform their churches into conservative voter turnout machines. Jerry Falwell Jr., Trump’s biggest evangelical booster, reportedly “played a key role in initiating” the appearance in Orlando.



Jerry Falwell Jr.

What is the vision of America that David Lane is pursuing with Donald Trump and Marco Rubio’s help?

Lane believes that the United States has a covenant with God to advance the Christian faith. He denounces religious pluralism, secular government, and court rulings upholding the Separation of Church and State. He wants the Bible to be used as the primary textbook in public schools. He is wildly anti-gay and has demanded the impeachment of judges who rule in favor of marriage equality.

Lane could be drawn to Trump’s for-him-or-against him approach to politics, which fits nicely with Lane’s no-compromise worldview. Lane wrote last year that “there can be no reconciliation of opposites, particularly the spiritual and the secular. Therefore we need to establish if America is a pagan or Christian nation and get on with it – the sooner the better.”

Trump’s complaint that politicians are “selling Christianity down the tubes” speaks to Lane’s belief that Christians are facing persecution in the United States. During a 2014 group trip to Europe that he organized for a group of pastors from swing states and Presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee, David Lane drew a comparison between 1930s Nazi Germany and modern-day America.

Lane says America’s descent into secularism and other evils is not only the fault of judges and politicians but also pastors who don’t preach aggressively enough. Lane has complained, for example, that there was “not a peep from the Christian church” in response to the Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade decision tha legalized abortion, when he says the church “should have initiated riots, revolution, and repentance.”

As a political operative devoted to getting conservative pastors more engaged in politics, Lane must be thrilled by Trump’s pledge to help churches become more powerful by allowing them to use their tax-exempt contributions as political weapons. Perhaps Lane sees Donald Trump as the answer to this question he once posed: “Who will wage war for the Soul of America and trust the living God to deliver the pagan gods into our hands and restore America to her Judeo-Christian heritage and re-establish a Christian culture?”

Polls suggest that Trump is already doing well among white evangelical voters. But Lane told Bloomberg News that Trump cannot count on endorsements from Christian leaders and that he needs the kind of direct outreach to pastors that he [Lane] will be doing in Orlando to “produce a ground game.” Christian Broadcasting Network’s David Brody, continuing his pattern of acting as Lane’s virtual press agent, gushed that Trump’s plan to show up for Orlando’s "Pastors and Pews" event shows that he is “well on his way to striking evangelical gold.”



David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network


> Excerpts from the August 9, 2016 Right Wing Watch news story by Brian Tashman entitled:

Donald Trump To Address Extremist Anti-LGBT Summit In Orlando, Florida

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is scheduled to attend a radical anti-LGBT event in being held in Orlando this week exactly two months after the Pulse nightclub shooting, according to news reports from Jenna Browder of the Christian Broadcasting Network and Jennifer Jacobs of Bloomberg News.

As we reported last week, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and a host of anti-LGBT extremists are slated to address the “Rediscovering God in America” event, which is sponsored by the American Renewal Project.



David Lane of the American Renewal Project

Self-described “political operative” David Lane founded the American Renewal Project as a way to mobilize conservative Christian voters and inspire right-wing pastors to run for elected office. He told Jacobs that he intends to quiz Trump on how he plans to fight “homosexual totalitarianism” and the gay rights “militants.”

Lane, a vocal opponent of LGBT equality, has said that “homosexuals praying at the Inauguration” in 2012 would cause “car bombs in Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and Des Moines, Iowa” as a sign of God’s judgment and that the “pagan onslaught” of the LGBT rights movement will lead to the destruction of America.


According to an invitation posted by the group Liberty Counsel Action, the speakers will also include:



Mat Staver[/b], whose Liberty Counsel Action sent out the invitation to the event and who is scheduled to speak, has gained a national reputation by representing Kim Davis and Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore through the affiliated Liberty Counsel. Last month, Staver denounced memorial gatherings for the victims of the Orlando nightclub attack as “homosexual love fests.” Staver has claimed that gay people are “demonic,” seek to abuse children and are similar to terrorists, and has warned that gay rights victories could lead to “forced homosexuality” and “another civil war.” At the same time, he has praised countries that outlaw same-sex relationships. For more about Mat Staver's anti-gay advocacy, click on the following news link: Ten Horrific Things Kim Davis' Attorney Mat Staver Has Said About Gay People




David Barton, a Republican Party activist who styles himself as a "historian", thinks that God is justly preventing a cure for HIV/AIDS because it is a divine “penalty” for homosexuality. Barton has lamented that public schools try to “force” students “to be homosexual” when homosexuality really should be regulated by the government. For more about David Barton's anti-gay advocacy, click on the following news link: 15 Things You Need To Know About David Barton, The Man Who Could Be Texas's Next Senator




Maine pastor Ken Graves preaches against “militant homofascism” that he says “seeks to take over our land and make it Sodom” and argues that gay people cannot build happy families because they are “depressed.” For more about David Barton's anti-gay advocacy, click on the following news links:

Right-Wing Pastor Ken Graves Declares: "A Secular Humanist Caliphate And Militant Homofascism Are Taking Over America"

Who Needs to Know Gay People When You Can Rely on the Religious Right?




Bill Federer, a Religious Right activist and conspiracy theorist, believes that gay rights are bringing about the Islamist takeover of America. For more about Bill Federer's anti-gay advocacy, click on the following news links:

Right-Wing Activist Exposes The Obama-Ferguson-Islamist-Homosexual Plot To Destroy America

Bill Federer Wildly Speculates About a Possible October [2012] Presidential Election Surprise


Despite his own anti-LGBT record, Trump depicts himself as a champion of the LGBT community and demands that reporters “Ask the gays” how much they support him.

Equality Florida plans to protest the event, citing the extremists addressing the rally, and Florida’s two Democratic senatorial candidates have criticized Rubio for his scheduled appearance.


________________________________________________________________




> Excerpts from the August 12, 2016 Gay Times magazine news story by Daniel Meg entitled:

Activists Blast Trump For Attending Anti-LGBT Conference In Orlando, Florida



The event, which is held at the Hyatt Regency on International Drive just miles away from Pulse, was also attended by the United States Senator for Florida, Marco Rubio.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, protesters gathered outside the event from around 11 a.m., with many waving rainbow flags and photos of the 49 people who lost their lives in the shooting.

Celia Ruiz, whose brother Juan Ramon Guerrero was killed in the Pulse Gay Nightclub Massacre, told the news outlet that the event “promotes hate and intolerance to the LGBT people”.

Celia Ruiz wrote:


This is a slap in the face to me, to my family, to the 49 other families, to the 53 survivors, to all of the people that were there [and] to the Orlando community.




Carlos Guillermo Smith of the LGBT rights group Equality Florida said:

Carlos Guillermo Smith wrote:


This conference and all of its speakers are fuelling the fires of homegrown bigotry. It’s a bigotry that dehumanizes LGBT people and paves the way for discrimination and violence.






David Lane of the American Renewal Project

The founder of American Renewal Project, David Lane, told Bloomberg News earlier this week that at the event, he would be asking Trump how he plans to take on “homosexual totalitarianism” and pro-LGBT “militants”.

Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile and LGBT Caucus Chair Earl Fowlkes have since accused Trump and Rubio of mixing with “the nation’s most incendiary anti-gay bigots”.

The Democratic National Committee wrote:


We at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) join all people of good conscience in expressing our solidarity with the Orlando LGBT community as they continue to grieve the deadliest shooting in American history. We suggest Trump and Rubio disavow these anti-gay extremists who have likened gay people to Nazis and characterized HIV/AIDS as divine "penalties" for being gay. Failing to do so will be yet another example of the utter lack of judgment that makes Trump unfit to serve.





Other Suggested Reading Via Clickable News-Story Links

Donald Trump Cozies Up To Anti-LGBT Activists

CBN's David Brody Urges Trump To Go All In With Attack On Islam, Quran





jeremycobert wrote:
Also [former Republican Congressman Mark Foley was] "disgraced"? Really? I doubt that would hold much water today.

Since when has the incidence of a pedophile Congressman stopped being an issue with the GOP?









jeremycobert wrote:
I assume Mark Foley was booted because it a was time when the GOP was gay shaming.

Excuse me, but when has the GOP ever NOT been gay-shaming?


jeremycobert wrote:
It appears now the left is doing the gay shaming.

Statistically speaking, pedophiles more often than not are more often married or divorced. Moreover, Foley was disgraced after his inappropriate communications soliciting sex from under-age male Congressional interns were discovered.

In the following news video, advance it to the 1 minute, 45-seconds mark for the most relevant information.






jeremycobert wrote:
Oh! is this that magical shift you kids are always talking about where the party's switch sides and all the gay haters joined the democrats?

As the news articles I cited above make abundantly clear, the Republican Party's leadership on the national, state, county/parish, and local levels are dominated by those in power who are followers of Dominion theology and/or are ReBiblicans who subscribe to knowingly or unknowingly supporting two or more of the primary political goals of Dominionism, the outlawing of both homosexuality and abortion.

The evolutionary shift in the power structure of the Republican Party between 1964 to the present has also enabled anti-gay bigotry to thrive unfettered because a strain of neo-Confederatism permeates Dominion theology and Dominionists come mostly from the South where Dixiecrats (unrepentant pro-segregationist Democrats) once ruled before they began to exodus from the Democratic Party and switch to the Republican Party in the days, weeks, and years after Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson signed both the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voter's Rights Act into law.



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:



Things!!!!!


So you are saying that buggering underage boys is homosexuality?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
In 2005, Foley sent five e-mails to a 16-year-old former page from Monroe, Louisiana. Among other things, Foley asked for a photo of the page, his age and birthday, and what he wanted for a birthday present. Foley observed that another male page (to whom he had also written) was "in really great shape... i am just finished riding my bike on a 25 mile journey..."

Foley e-mailed one page with an invitation to stay at the congressman's home in exchange for oral sex. The page, who was 17 years old at the time, declined the offer. The same report stated that he e-mailed another with a request for a photograph of his erect penis. Another former page reported that he saw sexually explicit e-mails sent to one page from his page class of 2001-2002, and learned of "three or four" pages from that class who received similar e-mails.

After the initial story on the e-mails, other pages contacted ABC and The Washington Post, providing transcripts of sexually explicit instant messaging (IM) conversations from 2003 that Foley had with two pages who were under the age of 18 at the time.



So, I guess I'm wondering why you support adults who stalk and suggest molestation of underage children? Why do you support a Presidential Candidate that would be within 100 miles of this dude?
Not to mention that even if they were of age, his actions were all ripe for sexual harrasment allegations. A bunch of young men trying to work there way into politics being propositioned by someone who could grease the wheels of their rise into the party. That is just a whole nother layer of power abuse on top of adult pressure on children. The guy was/is a predator.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:



Things!!!!!


So you are saying that buggering underage boys is homosexuality?

Since you're British, I understand your confusion, but yes, pedophiles can be homosexual or heterosexual.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:



Things!!!!!


So you are saying that buggering underage boys is homosexuality?

Since you're British, I understand your confusion, but yes, pedophiles can be homosexual or heterosexual.
Yes, but the claim is that attacking this man is attacking gay rights, and thus by reinforcing the idea that this is about homosexuality, and not pedophilia. shreve is reinforcing that view by also making this about homosexuality, and not pedophilia.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
I assume Mark Foley was booted because it a was time when the GOP was gay shaming.

Oh, you don't think it could have been making sexual advances to underage children? That part was ok? Interesting...


So are you upset about:

1. the gay sexual advances he made.
2. making advances on unpaid interns ?
3. making advances on boys under age 18 ?
4. making advances on boys over the age of consent ?

I have trouble following which part of his scandal was the issue that upsets your side.

Foley should have hired Hillary to represent him !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy and jer in a slap fight and then slater tries to parse meaning out of a Shreveism....

The thread title is accurate. In spades.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jmilum wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
I assume Mark Foley was booted because it a was time when the GOP was gay shaming.

Oh, you don't think it could have been making sexual advances to underage children? That part was ok? Interesting...


So are you upset about:

1. the gay sexual advances he made.
2. making advances on unpaid interns ?
3. making advances on boys under age 18 ?
4. making advances on boys over the age of consent ?

I have trouble following which part of his scandal was the issue that upsets your side.
Abusing his position by propositioning under age boys for sex, With the added problem of abuse of privileged position.

And you bang on about Clinton's "rapes", yet seem fine with this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Yes, but the claim is that attacking this man is attacking gay rights, and thus by reinforcing the idea that this is about homosexuality, and not pedophilia. shreve is reinforcing that view by also making this about homosexuality, and not pedophilia.
Actually, in the title he says that the guy is a pedophile and at the end of his post he addresses the pedophilia, but the post as a whole was to address Jeremy's silly claim of Trump being pro-gay rights AND also about Foley being a pedophile.

To ease confusion, it probably would have been fine to ignore Jeremy's claim that Trump supports gay rights and concentrate on Foley, but too much truth is better than too little.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jmilum wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
I assume Mark Foley was booted because it a was time when the GOP was gay shaming.

Oh, you don't think it could have been making sexual advances to underage children? That part was ok? Interesting...


So are you upset about:

I bolded the answer above, since you must have missed it originally.

Again, your game is weak here. Perhaps even you are tiring of the troll game? Try taking a break from RSP for a while to refresh.
10 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
remorseless1 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:



Things!!!!!


So you are saying that buggering underage boys is homosexuality?

Since you're British, I understand your confusion, but yes, pedophiles can be homosexual or heterosexual.


Zing!
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Foley should have hired Hillary to represent him !
He'd still be guilty, even if she got him a plea deal. If you want your candidate to be friends with an obvious pedophile, that is your right. Just don't try to represent the pedophile as a misunderstood gay man oppressed by society. Unless you are also a member of NAMBLA and you really think that.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Yes, but the claim is that attacking this man is attacking gay rights, and thus by reinforcing the idea that this is about homosexuality, and not pedophilia. shreve is reinforcing that view by also making this about homosexuality, and not pedophilia.
Actually, in the title he says that the guy is a pedophile and at the end of his post he addresses the pedophilia, but the post as a whole was to address Jeremy's silly claim of Trump being pro-gay rights AND also about Foley being a pedophile.

To ease confusion, it probably would have been fine to ignore Jeremy's claim that Trump supports gay rights and concentrate on Foley, but too much truth is better than too little.
Guess what, that is what I was saying, just rather obliquely.


The whole "gay rights" bullshit is a red herring covered in it. Yet once again Shreve seems to run with the shit covered herring.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One interesting thing about the whole Foley scandal: Hastert pressured him to resign, but Hastert drew a lot of heat for ignoring many warnings about Foley's innapropriate behavior. I suppose we now know why Hastert was reluctant to deal with Foley.
7 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.