Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's say that at the start of Darth Vader's activation he uses lord of the sith and single purpose, now he force chokes a rebel trooper and defeats it, plus one action, he moves and does brutality killing another, he uses fleet footed to move into position to be able to do brutality again, could he use brutality or does that contradict the one attack rule. I want to know because I'm making a new list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brutality counts as an attack action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: Ignore this post for the purposes of this discussion. I forgot to recheck what Single Purpose actually does. I neglected to note its effect. I agree with the rest of the thread that the second Brutality is disallowed as the attack restriction has not been bypassed.

It actually violates both rules that restrict actions. These are the two rules:

• A non-hero figure (so every figure in Skirmish) can only use one action which includes performing one or more attacks per activation.

• Every figure can only use each Special Action once per activation.

Of course, both come with an 'unless specifically stated oterwise' clause, as there are abilities that can avoid the above restrictions.

Brutality both performs at least one attack and is a Special action. Hence, performing it twice in a single activation would violate both of the action restrictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Single Purpose allows to use the same special action upto twice per activation.

But even with Single Purpose a non-hero cannot perform more than one attack action (any action which performs one or more attacks) during an activation, so it isn't possible for Vader to use Brutality twice.

Single Purpose does allow to use Force Choke twice, because Force Choke is not an attack.

(A figure can, however, perform any number of attacks if they come from abilities that are not actions. For example Heroic of Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) allows him to both spend one action to attack and use Heroic to perform an attack.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh sorry, I thought Single Purpose was a different card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks that clears it up, I guess Darth Vader will have to make do using the force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.