Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The signature card Hush reads:

"(2, all) This phase, any unresolved card will be immediately deactivated, except this card."

I think I understand this game but I can't make heads or tails of this card. What does this do and how is it beneficial? Is it only useful in a team game? I also don't really understand how a card becomes "unresolved" -- does that mean it's a card of the same number that doesn't win the blackjack game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
trilamb wrote:

"(2, all) This phase, any unresolved card will be immediately deactivated, except this card."

I think I understand this game but I can't make heads or tails of this card. What does this do and how is it beneficial? Is it only useful in a team game? I also don't really understand how a card becomes "unresolved" -- does that mean it's a card of the same number that doesn't win the blackjack game?

An unresolved card is a card that hasn't resolved yet. Since Hush has an RN (resolution number) of 2, it "resolves" before most cards. Meaning all the cards still on the table with a 3 or more (sometimes a 2) get instantly deactivated.

It's actually not a fantastic team card unless your whole team is planning to pass that phase or plays a card with an RN of 1.

It's helpful because cards are being deactivated, meaning there is no way for your foes to get the card they played back for one turn. It's very good in a 3+ game if you think everyone is going to target you that turn.

It can also be helpful against creatures in the tall tales campaign.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you're still confused by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
trilamb wrote:

An unresolved card is a card that hasn't resolved yet. Since Hush has an RN (resolution number) of 2, it "resolves" before most cards. Meaning all the cards still on the table with a 3 or more (sometimes a 2) get instantly deactivated.

It's actually not a fantastic team card unless your whole team is planning to pass that phase or plays a card with an RN of 1.

It's helpful because cards are being deactivated, meaning there is no way for your foes to get the card they played back for one turn. It's very good in a 3+ game if you think everyone is going to target you that turn.

It can also be helpful against creatures in the tall tales campaign.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you're still confused by it.

Now I get it, thank you. The word unresolved was throwing me off. Wasn't reading it "has not resolved yet", for some reason I was thinking it meant a card that never got resolved that round for some reason.

Makes perfect sense now. Actually a pretty powerful card if you anticipate your opponent playing a very powerful card, or a card you want out of their hand for the next turn. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly Glad I could help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.