$15.00
$20.00
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you disliked Marvel Legendary, I doubt Big Trouble will change your mind much.

Encounters is story-driven but there is still a bit of disconnect...like you are playing as a generic character but going through the events of the movie and playing cards representing different moments/attitudes from the entire cast. Firefly looks like it has the least disconnect, since your avatar is a crew member and the unused crew make up the recruit pool. If you really want to try another Legendary, I say start there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imo, neither. The art in Firefly is a dealbreaker. If you didn't like Legendary, I don't see why you'd find Legendary BTiLC any more satisfying. Save your money for a well-produced game instead of the hot messes that UD just put out. There are just too many solid deckbuilders out there to pay $60 for substandard fare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Elankat wrote:
Imo, neither. The art in Firefly is a dealbreaker.

??? Is it not on par w/ the Aliens/Predator art (or did you not like those as well)? Personally I thought the art in both of the Encounters games so far was decent. Much better than if they went w/ screen shots/photos IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Weber
United States
Mayfield Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If its story you want then go FIREFLY. The art may not be great, but the "Legendary Encounters" series is much more story based and Firefly keeps that whereas Big Trouble is a "Legendary" a.k.a. the basic setup albeit with a few updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
Elankat wrote:
Imo, neither. The art in Firefly is a dealbreaker.

??? Is it not on par w/ the Aliens/Predator art (or did you not like those as well)? Personally I thought the art in both of the Encounters games so far was decent. Much better than if they went w/ screen shots/photos IMHO.

I find it FAR worse than the art in Aliens. The only issues I have with LE:Aliens are the sorting, missing cards on purchase, and poor card stock. I found the art to be fine in LE Aliens. I can't speak to Predator. The "art" in LE:Firefly is so bad that I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or rage. For me, the different art styles are inconsistent enough that I find it jarring to the point that it distracts from the game. Of course, YMMV and you might only care about game play, which is going to be as solid as other LE games. However, I personally feel the art is that bad and don't think it's worth $60 when there are so many other quality games out there. It makes me sad to say that because I was looking forward to LE Firefly for a long time now. The art is so disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
I just looked up some of the images and I see what you mean. Assuming what I'm seeing are the final. In particular the Kaylee and Inara avatar cards yuk Knowing me I'll still buy the game though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
I just looked up some of the images and I see what you mean. Assuming what I'm seeing are the final. In particular the Kaylee and Inara avatar cards yuk Knowing me I'll still buy the game though

Sadly, the Kaylee and Inara avatar cards aren't even the worst. In the game forum, someone posted pics of all the cards in this Card Spoilers thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1617109/card-spoilers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elankat wrote:
fh13 wrote:

Sadly, the Kaylee and Inara avatar cards aren't even the worst. In the game forum, someone posted pics of all the cards in this Card Spoilers thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1617109/card-spoilers

Wow, all the artwork is horrible, especially Wash and Jayne, they look nothing like the actors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeWildStar wrote:
Wow, all the artwork is horrible, especially Wash and Jayne, they look nothing like the actors.
Yup, Wash looks different on each card - completely unrecognizable. Overall the avatar cards look great compared to the rest, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.