Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Greaves
United States
SALEM
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I was looking on the GTM site and they had listed the advent calendar and listed a regular and an 'ESSEN' version.

So, what's the difference?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The size of the box.

The regular version is the very big box shown last year, with all new content and a nice new art. The Kompakt or Essen version is in a small box the size of the content. For people who can't take the big box on a plane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the 2016 edition be available thru the bgg store like the one from last year? I would assume if so, then the compact version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This has not been finalized yet. It should be easier to go to your FLGS and ask them to order via Alliance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marvin knighton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Today is a good day to GAME! But then so was yesterday and tomorrow too.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year I had 12 of the games. This year I only have about 6 if all the guesses are correct. However, I don't get to go to Essen so the BGG store is my best option to get this year's one in time to actually use it as an Advent Calendar. Oh well, hope for the best. The FLGS is a good option unless your like me and want to get it in time to actually use it as an Advent Calendar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

just to confirm. BGG will get some, as last year. But it won't be really more then last year. So your FLGS might be the first option. And BGG your second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this update! Any idea on the date those will go on sale for BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
blbake04 wrote:
Any idea on the date those will go on sale for BGG?

No.
Plan is to have it in their hands by the end of October.
The product will leave here before Essen, if everything goes right, but even then I can only guess when it reaches BGG, and again I can only guess, when BGG wants to put it up. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes perfect sense! No worries at all. Appreciate the response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Soonsin Lee
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play with Blue
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the Essen version in the small box still be maintaining the advent calendar idea. Such as each promo in a opaque envelope with a day on it or something like that.

EDIT
Well, I just saw in the pictures that I answered my own question. I see promo is in a plastic bag wrapped in a rule sheet with a day number to conceal the promo enclosed. I am very happy for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.