Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a mission card requires you to separate and discard an Explorer Probe, do you also have to have another Probe at that location? Or is just the Explorer Probe sufficient to claim the Mission as completed? I'm not quite sure what it is the Explorer is assumed / required to be separating from...

If another Probe must remain after the separation, then this has huge implications for Payload Mass at time of launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
I don't even know where I live anymore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All you have to do is discard an Explorer payload that is not attached to anything else.

There is no requirement to have any other components present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joe. I deduce that this prevents the Explorer from being used later to fulfill a second mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your deduction is correct, but this insight should not have needed more information than is given by the rules. There is no need to state that you cannot reuse rockets you discarded due to using them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More accurate was to say "I deduce/infer that this was intentionally worded this way to prevent re-use of the Explorer Component in later turns".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.