Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone,

Got my Miner Creations box the other day in the mail. Was looking to assemble it and was wondering what kind of glue is safe to use on it? Is the glue I use for the plastic minis ok or should I go buy another type of glue?

Second, is it tricky I found some general instructions. Any parts I should watch out for? How long did it take to assemble?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
The answer to your first question is just use a wood glue. Don't use too much, wipe off the excess with a damp cloth after it has completely dried.

The answer to the second question depends on what else you want to do to the wood. If you go my own route; staining, poly seal, and felt lining, then about 4-5 days of light hobby work. If you just glue everything together it'll be done in a day. The instructions on the site are clear enough for assembly

Link below has finished images and some tips if you want to do staining and poly seal.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1611677/minercreations-wood...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDermott
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dry fit all pieces together for each tray/box. I caught some possible issues before the glue, such as almost identical sides and divider slots lining up.

The glue I used: https://www.amazon.com/Elmers-E4013-CraftBond-Clear-1-Ounce/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just use on all my insert elmer white glue. A trick I used on this insert is to have some rubber bands around. The card trays, i glued after dry fitting and used rubber bands to hold it tight together till the glue dried anough. I put everything together in about an hour to hour and half. I then waited 6 hour for the elmer to completely dry, removed the rubber bands and started putting everything in the insert. I will second dry fitting, some side are almost identical expect for the end tab parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I used thick gel superglue for mine because I didn't want to wait for hours. Same as with wood glue, wipe away the excess after pushing two parts together. I dryfit the box completely then removed the panels one at a time and glued them in place so they would definitely be sitting correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
godzilla999666 wrote:
I just use on all my insert elmer white glue. A trick I used on this insert is to have some rubber bands around. The card trays, i glued after dry fitting and used rubber bands to hold it tight together till the glue dried anough. I put everything together in about an hour to hour and half. I then waited 6 hour for the elmer to completely dry, removed the rubber bands and started putting everything in the insert. I will second dry fitting, some side are almost identical expect for the end tab parts.

They may have started pre-assembling those card trays. Mine came already assembled in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did assemble the gear grids and mailed them intact, but i had to build all other trays. I got mine jusr a month ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
godzilla999666 wrote:
They did assemble the gear grids and mailed them intact, but i had to build all other trays. I got mine jusr a month ago.

This. I had the gear grids pre-assembled and ready to go. Have to put everything else together.

Let me say those gear grids are awesome. Instantly started using them and discarded the official gear grids. Yay no more things sliding off the gear grids!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And i can confirm the gear grid holf sleeved gear cards. I sleeved my gear in mage comoany sleeves and they fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up buying Gorilla Glue wood glue. Will see its effectiveness in the next coming days once I assemble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.