Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the rulebook, there is no solo support for BTiLC. There is to much playerinterraction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
I wouldn't say the game is any better than Marvel Legendary/Vanilla. In some ways worse. There are only nine heroes, for starters. That means after two games, you've seen them all. And I'm not sure they're as heavily themed as the starter Marvel heroes. There's nothing to equal Spiderman (2 cost all the way), Cyclops (mostly discard to pay for your cards), Black Widow (rescue Bystanders), Iron Man (heavy on the Tech and Range, card drawing), or Wolverine (heavy on the card drawing/"regeneration").

I'm not sure how you count the one extra set of commons for Jack and Wang, but I wouldn't consider them separate heroes.

I wouldn't say that it's anywhere close to Encounters, except insofar as it's a narrower theme. It draws from one movie, rather than 50+ years of comics. So Big Trouble (BT) feels like more a story. But it's pretty much the story you already know and presumably love. Or why are you getting the game in the first place?

I don't think there are any improvements on Marvel. There are things that are different: Chu is more powerful than SHIELD Officer for the same cost and basic 2 Recruit effect; there are Mediocre Heroes. But if you changed the cosmetics, you could dump it into Marvel and you'd never know the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that we quote the movie the entire time while playing adds a whole new level of interaction - same goes for for Aliens. Be it random blurt-outs or well timed reactionary one-liners, it makes the experience all the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.