The Ravens of Thri Sahashri» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ravens and ending dreams rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nailo Lilenda
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
So I have one rule I have a question about in regards to this. It is on page 22 and its the osphry edition. "All other cards in the Atman, the Poem and the Heart are discarded. Any which match the color of a Raven in the Raven row are placed beneath that raven as usual, unless the raven was chased away during this Dream"

Does this mean that if I have a Gold and Red Raven in play, and they have not been chased away, that when the dream ends ALL red and gold cards in the Atman, poem, and not scored heart cards get eaten!?

Its seems to be saying so but it seems like thats a bit harsh so I'm left a bit confused if it is the case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is harsh, but what you described is correct. The game is definitely not easy, and chasing away Ravens can be very important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nailo Lilenda
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
That makes it so much scarier gulp oh geez...... Thanks for letting me know I'm reading it right. Time to really be terrified of ravens now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
If you have any relevant card powers on cards in the poem row, they can be triggered at that point though. They're still crazily scary, but can have some buffers to protect yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I completely missed this part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Göransson
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
mb
Nailo_Lilenda wrote:
Does this mean that if I have a Gold and Red Raven in play, and they have not been chased away, that when the dream ends ALL red and gold cards in the Atman, poem, and not scored heart cards get eaten!?

Its seems to be saying so but it seems like thats a bit harsh so I'm left a bit confused if it is the case

Not all the cards. Cards still in the deck and the cards in the discard pile are safe.

This is why, if there's too much of one color in the Atman, discarding them can be crucial. Just give some low golden cards to Feth and he should be golden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nailo_Lilenda wrote:
So I have one rule I have a question about in regards to this. It is on page 22 and its the osphry edition. "All other cards in the Atman, the Poem and the Heart are discarded. Any which match the color of a Raven in the Raven row are placed beneath that raven as usual, unless the raven was chased away during this Dream"

Yep. It's horrible like that. Although as has been said, cards already in the discard pile are safe. Only those in the Atman, (unscored) heart, and poem will disappear. You have to either

1) Defeat all the ravens
or
2) See to that you don't have too many of that colour that will disappear
or
3) have a high-numbered Purple ready.

The high Purple can be activated at this last instant, and will prevent ONE raven from getting cards beneath it. This timing is a bit strange. The high purple prevents ONE instance of "cards that should be discarded, instead being put under the raven". It does NOT prevent the raven from eating the cards that are already under it.

The timing is like this:
1) Once the dream ends, there is a massive discard – everything in the atman, all unscored heart, and all poem cards. Down to the discard pile. At this point, all cards of the colour of a present raven will be put under that raven instead.
2) Once this has been done, all ravens with cards will eat those cards – put them out of play.

The high purple helps with 1). It prevents ONE raven from getting cards at that point. If you have two high purples, you can prevent two ravens from getting cards. Note that you don't prevent one CARD per high purple. The high purples prevent one occasion. If you have three blue cards that should be discarded at one occasion, a high purple will prevent all three cards from being taken by the Raven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I only sent to the ravens the cards in the Atman. Eating the Heart and Poem cards will make it much tougher!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Hafeli
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do covered cards, which are "not in the Atman", get fed to the ravens if appropriate? Or do those escape eating and go with the other discards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
Do covered cards, which are "not in the Atman", get fed to the ravens if appropriate? Or do those escape eating and go with the other discards?

Interesting question, but yes, they are. The ravens don't pick the cards from the Atman, they nick them as they are to enter the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.