Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Sunday I'll be play my first multiplayer f2f game. I'm trying to figure out which scenario would be best time wise. What are some very honest estimates of how long each scenario takes to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoD was the first coin game I played. I first played it with a guy who had played COIN games many times and LoD at least a few times. We took two factions each, no bots. We played the medium length scenario and it took us somewhere around 5 hours. I was brand new to everything so I had to look up things and it was difficult to know what to do at first.

I think playing with one player per faction would be easier because you can focus on just your faction and you will learn your commands and lim ops pretty quickly. But there will likely be rules discussions, rules lookups, and possibly even a BGG search or two!

So it depends on if you and/or the other players have played COIN games before.

But the second play will be much easier and maybe ~3 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For learning game, the Medium Scenario is recommended.

I'm not sure how long that will take. I have only played the long scenario F2F and that took about 4 hours (with breaks included and everyone kind of knowing the rules). If you have 3 hours set aside for it, that should probably be enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.