Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(1)When a card directs the player to place cubes on to a battleground, some cards say "Command on to" and some say "Place on to". Is this the same thing? I realize place means just that (to place them), while command could mean to remove the cubes, but the U-2 Photographs card says to command "on to", which seems to indicate they can not "removed from." Am I interpreting this correctly?

(2)Almost all cards say to place or command "up to" a certain number of influence cubes. The U-2 Photographs card, however does not say "up to". It state to "command three influence cubes on to one military background." Since it does not say "up to", is the player required to place all three.

(3)Just curious: Why does the U-2 Photographs card have a DEFCON icon on it and the the Airstrike card does not? I would think, that if the US ordered an Airstrike on the Cuban missile sites, it should effect the DEFCON track in some way. U-2 flights are a dangerously provoking activity, while airstrikes are not? Historically, this just doesn't seem right. Is this for play balance? Just wondering what is the reasoning behind this design decision?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Difference between Place and Command is also that Command affects Defcon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arry -
msg tools
mbmb
1. Almost yes. "Command on to" and "Place on" are almost the same thing: both are used to place cubes, and cannot be used to remove cubes. The difference is that "Command on to" always affects DEFCON, while "Place on" affects DEFCON only if accompanied by the nuclear symbol.

2. No. When "Commanding" per event text, you're not required to place all three cubes, because you follow the general rules for Command, which state you're allowed to move up to this amount. The "Command on to" text adds a restriction, in that you cannot remove cubes; it doesn't remove the "up to" rule though.

Cannot answer (3) as I'm not the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JIC you didn't know about it

FAQ Thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.