Subject: Use of the miniature bases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Hi. Anyone able to feedback on how useful the miniature base is? I understand it can hold tokens to signify different monsters but is that it?

Also, is the information on the monster chit itself required to be shown on the miniature base? Can we do without the chit?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need the chit. It tells you three important stats: how scary the monster is (for horror checks) how hard it is to escape (for evade checks) and how strong it is (for busting through barriers).

You can play with just the chit. But you need the chit. The bases let you stand the monsters up and have the chit all in one spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It was more useful in 1E... this time around, it just shows you evade/horror difficulty numbers and a brief description/info on the bottom. You could just as easily put the chit on the side for reference and have the monsters NOT be on a massive base. Even using the runes to differentiate which monster is which, you could just make sure to keep it on/near the mini.

Since my chits in 1E are stuck there, I'll be keeping conversion kit chits in use on the side and referencing them that way... That or just insert the chit into the 1E monster tab slots and just keep the rune laying on the base itself... not sure yet. I don't even have my copy yet. =(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sorted the new and expansion chits (from update kit) for the monsters and use them as reference... I will prob sell off the bases...they are too big and clunky...takes up too much space and covers up the beautiful artwork! (I just glued the monster figs on some small stands which does the trick!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughan Edge
United Kingdom
Cheshire
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Having played the scenario the chit seems unnecessary. The horror and evade checks are all done on the app. These monsters seem to have an impossible amount of horror and awareness anyway so glad it's resolved by the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m p
England
flag msg tools
Tiddleydwarf wrote:
Having played the scenario the chit seems unnecessary. The horror and evade checks are all done on the app. These monsters seem to have an impossible amount of horror and awareness anyway so glad it's resolved by the app.

That's fine if there is only one monster there, but if there's more than one you need to decide yourself based on the stats which one to evade/horror check against.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
mjp1987 wrote:
Tiddleydwarf wrote:

That's fine if there is only one monster there, but if there's more than one you need to decide yourself based on the stats which one to evade/horror check against.

Exactly. The stats on the monster chit are still used. The app doesn't handle everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
mjp1987 wrote:
Tiddleydwarf wrote:

Exactly. The stats on the monster chit are still used. The app doesn't handle everything.

Yup! Plus some chits have info that allow monsters to move through walls and impassable borders so definitely good to have them to reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The idea behind the bases is that you can slide the chits in and out, since the Arkham miniatures can be used between Arkham Horror, Eldritch Horror, and Mansions interchangeably.

The stats on the chits are different for each game and for Mansions they signify the monster's Awareness (top right number, for Evading), Horror (lower right number, for Horror checks), and Brawn (number on the back, used for Barricades and resisting being pushed). There is also text about the monster's special abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Welch
Australia
Flagstaff Hill
SA
flag msg tools
SURVIVOR
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the 2 tabs at the back of the bases just an alternate place for the chits? Am I allowed to cut them off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
delay wrote:
Are the 2 tabs at the back of the bases just an alternate place for the chits? Am I allowed to cut them off?

You can do whatever you like. I think, though, they are there to hold other cardboard chits. Possibly for damage and statuses in the other Arkham games. In MoM they can hold the coloured markers to differentiate between identical monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
delay wrote:

Technically they're there for marking monsters to differentiate between them. So sometimes the app will show you a specific colour token, and you put that token in the tab, and specific effects may target that monster.

But you can just lie the token on the base or next to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.